Ultrasound in 3 hrs!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
I have a vet appointment in about 3 hours to see if this new filly (2 yrs. old) I recently took in, Sunny, is pregnant or not. Full story is on my other thread here: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=126043 Titled: "New Filly (rescue)"

So I'm anxious to know for sure whether or not she is pregnant and if she is the vet "might" be able to give me a rough estimate of when she'd be due. But I wanted to know for sure whether or not she was pregnant so I could be fully prepared as I live in North Idaho and we are heading into winter and winters can be very harsh here.

So does anyone have any last minute (or hours lol) guesses???? Is she pregnant???? Yes/No. If YES how far along do you think she is?????

I'll post the results as soon as I can after her appt!
default_smile.png

Here's a few pictures te help you guess........

Sunnypregnancy8.jpg

Sunnypregnancy16.jpg

Sunnypregnancy15.jpg

Sunnypregnancy13.jpg

I didn't read the other thread, but I"m going with no

And now after reading the thread, I think VERY possibly, but only because she's 2 and was with a stallion. NOT based on these pics, I have boys that look more pregnant than this lol ;)

I sold a filly a few years back. The stallion got out one day and 11 months later the people came out to find a filly with their almost two year old mare. They were so shocked because she did not look pregnant and they said that they had never ever seen her come into heat, so I think yes on your mare.

Yeah I really have no idea, I've gone back and forth between yes and no so that's why I scheduled to ultrasound so I can know for sure. If she is I can be ready, if not great! (I'll be saving lots of money!!!!
default_biggrin.png
and she can grow up without trying to raise a baby
default_wink.png
)

And now after reading the thread, I think VERY possibly, but only because she's 2 and was with a stallion. NOT based on these pics, I have boys that look more pregnant than this lol ;)

I totally know what you mean!!!
default_laugh.png
I have two geldings who look like they are about to burst! LOL They obviously however are just fat....at least if they were mares I could have an excuse lol
default_biggrin.png
(that is until 11 months went by than I'd have to come up with a new excuse
default_rolleyes.gif

I really have no idea bit for fun I am going to say no. I agree with the comment because I have geldings who look just like this!!

I'm going to vote yes, but I think she is about 6 or 7 months old and you will have a early spring baby. She looks the same amount of pregnant as mine that are due in March 2012

And she is......................................PREGNANT!!!!! The vet guesses she's at about 9 months along. Saw the heartbeat and everything, so precious
default_wub.png
So if she's right we might have a Christmas baby.

Oh and I asked the vet to look at her teeth and guess her age and she guessed her between 3-4 yrs. old, so thats great news too because we were told she just turned 2. The vet is very confident she's at least three if not four years old. So that's good news especially with her being pregnant. So that explains why she looked more mature than a 2 yr. old.

So there you have it
default_smile.png
She's indeed pregnant
default_wink.png

Oh! And with the ultrasound we saw that right now the baby is breech, so his hind end is where his front should be. The vet said that he could still flip around and face the correct way from now till when he gets close to being born. Any experiences with this and/or having a breech baby?

Oh! And with the ultrasound we saw that right now the baby is breech, so his hind end is where his front should be. The vet said that he could still flip around and face the correct way from now till when he gets close to being born. Any experiences with this and/or having a breech baby?

I knew it!
default_smile.png

PLEASE keep close eye on her. If she's nine months now, she *could* foal next month!

Many of my mares foal around 305 days (that is 10 months!)

I see many new people come here and post that they lost the foal in the sac because they were not expecting them yet, that the foal came early. But it isn't early for minis! While some minis do have "big horse" long gestations, many don't! It KILLS me to see so many foals lost and hearts broken because they expected their mini mare to foal the same as a big horse mare.

I just don't want that happening to you!!!

So PLEASE, keep feeling her bag etc. Keep a close eye on her changing shape. I'm just trying to help!

default_yes.gif

congratulations. just wondering what an ultra sound cost?

Hope everything goes like the book.. maybe you should read it to her..

Good Luck...
default_aktion033.gif

I knew it!
default_smile.png

PLEASE keep close eye on her. If she's nine months now, she *could* foal next month!

Many of my mares foal around 305 days (that is 10 months!)

I see many new people come here and post that they lost the foal in the sac because they were not expecting them yet, that the foal came early. But it isn't early for minis! While some minis do have "big horse" long gestations, many don't! It KILLS me to see so many foals lost and hearts broken because they expected their mini mare to foal the same as a big horse mare.

I just don't want that happening to you!!!

So PLEASE, keep feeling her bag etc. Keep a close eye on her changing shape. I'm just trying to help!

default_yes.gif

Yes I'm right there with you! I check he bag and study her shape and how she acts 2-3 times a day at least! I'll be watching her as close as I can as I'm aware she could foal before the vet guessed as we really don't know for sure. So I'm treating it as she could foal anytime. I'll be watching her close.

congratulations. just wondering what an ultra sound cost?

Hope everything goes like the book.. maybe you should read it to her..

Good Luck...
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks
default_smile.png
It was a total of $85, $35 for the farm call and #$50 for the ultrasound itself.

I'm curious was it a internal ultrasound, or an external one? Congratulations!! I thought she looked preggers, and thank goodness she is older than you thought. All great news.

Yes I'm right there with you! I check he bag and study her shape and how she acts 2-3 times a day at least! I'll be watching her as close as I can as I'm aware she could foal before the vet guessed as we really don't know for sure. So I'm treating it as she could foal anytime. I'll be watching her close.
You're awesome!!!
default_aktion033.gif

External. That's wild as I've never known anyone to have success with an external one. Very cool. And good luck!

External. That's wild as I've never known anyone to have success with an external one. Very cool. And good luck!

REally?? Yeah all she had to do is clean the area with some alcohol, put the gel on and as soon as she put the probe up against her belly we saw the foal, it was real quick and easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back