Ulcer? Colic? ????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ

Reaction score
Have a small 5 yr old mare that does not feel 100%. She will do the stretch stance, she will be laying down to eat on occasion, BUT, she eats well, drinks well, stool looks normal, no sand in system, have given mineral oil, she is in good body weight, this has existed for about 4 days. These symptoms always concern me that the mare is aborting (if bred), but if she was, the fetus should have been expelled by now, I think.I have not had experience with ulcers (had mini's for 20 yrs) could this be ulcers? Your thoughts will be appreciated.

You won't believe this, but, after posting above question, I went to see the mare and there was the aborted 2 mo fetus. This is a Rowdy gr granddaughter and have been anxious to have a foal from her.

oh what a shame, I know how frustrating it is especially this late in the year.

Hugs Renee

So sorry for your loss! You are lucky though that you saw it and know. I would have her flushed and a culture taken.

Oh what a shame! i am so very sorry. Hopefully your vet can have a look at her and get everything ok for another try next year.

Good luck!

default_saludando.gif
OMG so so sorry for your loss ..i wonder way this happened

Latest posts

Back