Uhh kids running around neighborhood

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dynamic Duo

Reaction score
There are 6 kids and a dad. Dad works 4 jobs and mom siad, I can't take you guys any more and walked out the door. These kids are always dirty, always sick and always unsupervized. they are the only thing dad has left. Call CPS???

I agree with Vic.

If I were there I'd offer to help him out. What are the children's ages? Are there Grandparents or Aunts and Uncles near by?

There are 6 kids and a dad. Dad works 4 jobs and mom siad, I can't take you guys any more and walked out the door. These kids are always dirty, always sick and always unsupervized. they are the only thing dad has left. Call CPS???
I think that would be my LAST resort as long as there is no physical abuse going on... you know the saying it takes a village.. I would think what this dad needs is some neighbors to rally around and help him out a bit and then see what happens from there.

I have some kids around here kind of like that. They live in a tough situation. Mom works hard, and step-dad drinks too much, and always quits his job when Mom takes a vacation! Last summer I started inviting the kids over to play with ponies. They love it! Mom comes over too...we buy Girlscout cookies from the girls, and have given the 12 year old girl some one on one time to help get her out of the house. I plan on introducing the 12 year old to horse shows this summer.

I think calling child protection services might be a bid idea. It sounds like Dad has enough on his plate. Get to know the kids first, then decide what the next step must be.

Kim R

This is a very tough situation but maybe time someone stepped in to help this family. Six kids running around unsupervised, sick, dirty probably hungry. CPS isn't always about taking kids out of abuse situations but could probably get them into the system to be eligible for programs that dad might be able to cut back on the jobs and give them better care with some help. I work closely with social workers and sometimes they can pull off miracles.

On the other hand, dad would probably resent interference. You have to decide how far you think you need to go.

Back