Two Divas Transport disaster in Montana

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherokee Rose

Reaction score
Ok introduction ......Diva Transport est....2/16/07....owners Marcy a.k.a Lazey H Ranch.....Carrie a.k.a Cherokee Rose Miniature Apps.

Starting our maiden voyage early the morning of the 17th we decided to heck with the shippers we'll haul these horses out west ourselves......so thus the story begins :lol:

Pulling out of the driveway we pointed that Ford west.....confident and cool we were ready to make this trip....shooting up to Frago went smooth as silk time seem to fly as we talked of our journey ahead...and across the Dakotas we went...the weather had looked alittle iffy the night before they had said something about bilzzard conditions......shrugging we thought how bad could it be ?? Past Valley City ND things are looking good....but wait what's that snow flakes...and then more snowflakes...we could see the weather daring us...Marcey and I exchange nervous glances......we agreed we had been up against tougher opponents....and kept that Ford rolling. Soon the road was a skating rink 30 to 40 miles an hour...with 2 hands on the wheel and 4 eyes peering out the window we now were daring the the weather to make the next move......then the weather seen its chance a HILL...laughing confidently it made its move .....the Ford began to fish tail it seemed it was the the end....but our draw was quicker and with the turn of a switch the Ford straighted out ...and the weather groaned at the hit it just took. Onward we went trigger fingers twitching just waiting for the ambush the weather would try.....and try it would again only to be shot down for the final time ....the weather was clearing out......we had beat the weather :aktion033: Moving across Montana we were feeling the worst was behind us.....the mares in the trailer were doing well and the sun was shining !! Then came the DARK moutain road (did I mention Marcy doesn't like the dark lol!! We have probably been in the saddle for 20 hours before making our way through the mountains....all we could see were white crosses where people had come against this mountain road and lost.....but the weather couldn't beat us and neither would this moutain road ......one of these mares in the back had to make to her new home with Lori a.k.a Firefall Miniatures in Rexburg ID....so after exchanging nervous glances we head across....coming into a moutain town we try to find water for the horses nothin open at 2:30 am the town sheriff pulls up and wants to know if were lost...Nope just need water I reply...he directs us to the creek
default_wacko.png
: Marcey and I decide we need rest sheriff sends us out of town to sleep with truckers...well not exactly with the truckers but in the same parking lot....did I mention Marcy is afraid of the dark lol! So after 2 hours of much needed sleep we head out again. Finally our first stop....Lori welcomes us and shows us around nice horses she has......but the Diva Transport must continue on :bgrin the road was good the Ford kicked up her heels we were on our way back to Montana.....things were good nothing but the open road ahead we were crusin !! Finally Missoula Mt our main drop off...stopped for fuel Called Janet a.k.a Hells Canyon Miniatures we'll be there shortly....call Mindy a.k.a Ladybug Farm hang on were coming. Marcey opens the truck door .... we got something dripping
default_sad.png
I ask front or back she says back I hop out ......rear end grease everywhere...rear seal gone somewhere the Ford had taken a hit...once again we exchange nervous glance...we had beat the weather and the moutains.....but now our horse was lame...panick startes to set in we try to remain cool....moving the truck to a safe spot we rush to the gas station.....walking thru the door looking left and then right we see what we need the PHONE BOOK...grabbing the phone book we run Marcy covering my back as we head toward the truck...Janet and Mindy have been alerted Janets on her way Mindy is on stand by waiting for the next move.....we alert our next stop Lora a.k.a Slivertip Minitures and she standing ready to help as well.....next the phone calls to the repair shops no one wants to work on the weekend.....we give them our best damsel in distress act it works... :aktion033: here comes the calvary from the left and the right yea!!! But what.... it's to bad they can't fix it tonight....you girls are going to need a hotel....so heading out with Jed in the chevy he brought us to our place of sleep.....as he drops us off Marcy makes mention on how dark it is and once again we exchange nervous glances.....were pretty sure our hotel was pay by the hour
default_wacko.png
: yep we were in the geto...thats when we realized we had no clue where we were...our truck was gone or phones were almost dead....we thought we were almost beat !! Next morning knowing that we need to find new lodging we call for a rental car....now the new horse is a Grand Am :aktion033: :aktion033: we have wheels head out to Mindy's....after Janet left she took our horse to Mindy to be taken care off......after making sure all was well we headed back to town .....looking for new lodging.....someplace that didn't have a camara in the room perferably :eek: By this time the Minnesota girls had been alerted and were on call Angie a.ka. Buckonranch and Diva Dispatcher ...Michele a.k.a Lilliput Acres.....Jodie a.k.a Lorans Lil'Ones.....heading out to the the shop Doc says our Ford took a hard hit but he can fix her yea..... by Monday we were on the road again...our Diva dispatch was there with her current updates....nothin can stop us now we say our goodbyes to the Montana girls and we are headed east...(oh I forgot about the Montana boys our hats are off to them too) we have one more drop off .... the Fords feeling good but whats this the weather is planning another ambush...60 mile an hour cross winds we exchange nervous glances it feels like were in boat rocking back and forth....pulling off the interstate we take a diffrent route and once again the weather is beaten...........on to Minnesota nothing can stop us now....we arrive safley with our mini mare and sleeep for 4 days (just kidding maybe 2 days........THE END

Just wanted to add on a serious note that we meet some of the nicest people out West .........they all went above and beyond to help us .........Thanks again Mindy, Janet, Lora, the boys at Iron Horse Towing and the girls in Minisota for caring................

Two Divas Transport......they dig us because we deliver...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Well You definatly get the job done HAHA!! :bgrin

Well girls! I'm just holding my breath for your next trip west
default_whistling.gif
: I wonder how long I'll be sitting here, turning blue!! :bgrin We loved having you girls here, although I WISH you had taken me up on my offer and stayed at my Grandparents nice, clean, warm, bright and sunny house!! No darkness,green lights, geto, or pay by the hour here
default_thumbup.gif
: AND the sheets are CLEAN :bgrin

I was so glad to hear that you all made it home safe and sound! It was GREAT seeing you all!! :saludando:

Well I must say you gals were very courageous for making a trip across Montana in February and going over West Yellowstone on top of it!
default_unsure.png
: You know, I thought you would give me a call and have dinner with us but when I heard you had been delayed with a break down and was coming through here in the middle of the night I knew there would be no dinner. Just can't berlieve you gals drove over all those mountains and even the Continental Divide...either very brave or you didn't know what you had to encounter. anyway, glad to hear you made it home okay.
default_yes.gif
: Mary

.the weather had looked alittle iffy the night before they had said something about bilzzard conditions......shrugging we thought how bad could it be ?? Past Valley City ND things are looking good....but wait what's that snow flakes...and then more snowflakes...

Those words...blizzard conditions and snowflakes would have turned me right back around....LOL!!!!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked:
default_unsure.png
:

Glad you got home safely...what an adventure (not one I would've have wanted to make...except the part of meeting up with new horsey friends!
default_yes.gif
: )

These two diva's did a wonderful job delivering my mare. I was very impressed with how quickly they made the long trip plus they were on time!!!!! It was so nice to meet these wonderful knowledgeable ladies and talk mini's. They brought me a beautiful mare that the pictures didn't do justice so she was an extra special surprise.

Sorry the trip back home wasn't so great though.

Thank you Marcey and Carrie, you guys are great!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: :bgrin GREAT story Carrie! I was looking forward to reading that one! There's never a dull moment with you Minnesota girls! Glad you and the horses all made it safe and sound, to their respective destinations!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WHATS THAT SAYING? GOD LOOKS OUT FOR MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN Also looks like the was watching the two divas as well!

he probably had a whole team of angels on you two!

Glad you made it!

default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Bonnie

well personally I think Divas transport needs to make MORE TRIPS LOTS MORE TRIPS I am waiting anxiously for the book!

Well that's a trip you'll remember for a while!! :new_rofl: Transporting in winter is not my idea of fun.

That was quite the hilarious little story there. Glad all went well.

Hey, I don't know either one of you but I gotta tell you ....well, this was just a hysterical rendition filled with creativity, humor, only a minor bit of seriousness and a ton of imagery. You gotta switch careers and go into writing where you can make your millions ....and then keeping buying and loving these little minis as your full-time hobby! Just think about paying all of your bills and then going on tour to meet all the wonderful people who will buy your comical book.

Best Regards and heartiest congratulations for a job well done!

Cindy

i gotta agree, LOVED the story! put me in mind of our road trips... for years it was just me and the girls, blithely trailering everywhere with our horses and nary a flat. i get married and BOOM not just once or twice but EVERY TIME we go on a long trip with the trailer we lose at least one tire... and twice we have lost TWO in the same trip - my poor hubby! he is so conscientious about checking the air pressure all the time, i never bothered with that. in fact even now when for some reason he can't come on a long trip i still don't have any flats! however at his insistence we carry two spares at all times LOL. i know how to change a tire but i hate doing it - guess the "flat fairy" is watching out for me.

Well I must say you gals were very courageous for making a trip across Montana in February and going over West Yellowstone on top of it!
default_unsure.png
: You know, I thought you would give me a call and have dinner with us but when I heard you had been delayed with a break down and was coming through here in the middle of the night I knew there would be no dinner. Just can't berlieve you gals drove over all those mountains and even the Continental Divide...either very brave or you didn't know what you had to encounter. anyway, glad to hear you made it home okay.
default_yes.gif
: Mary
mary,

I would say that it was a case of "ignorance is bliss". :eek:

I know I've been on a few MT roads that after the fact, I knew I shouldn't have been there. [And, often commented after the fact that ignorance is bliss; what you don't realize won't hurt you. :new_shocked:

I think I've been on all those MT roads at one time or another in my life. I've even been to Rexford, ID (I have a summer internship in Dubois, ID).

I would say that it was a case of "ignorance is bliss". :eek:
Yup -- knowing these two like I do....you might have hit the nail on the head.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I just wish I could have gone along because they are a hoot to hang around with. I hope their next Rolling Diva trip they head south!!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Great story, and glad you made it back home, and I think we're all going to be waiting to hear the next chapter of THE TWO DIVAS TRANSPOT company. When did you say your next trip is planned for?? :bgrin Corinne

You ladies have a lot more guts than I do. My hat is off to you. Of course, I can't back the horse trailer up so I can only drive forward so a long trip like that would make me a nerveous wreck.

Glad you made the trip ok.

Freida

Latest posts

Back