Twilight series

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I was the only one in the WORLD who hadn't read or watched Harry Potter!!!

Funny Jill I thought the same thing
default_laugh.png

Matt --
When I read these were really written for young adults, I worried I might not like them either (and may not -- haven't "listened" to them yet). It's going to be a hard act to follow because I won't be able to not compare these to Anne Rice's vampire series which of course is excellent.

Jill

Jill

I don't think the Twilight series even holds a candle to Anne Rice. Now, True Blood is different. Totally different. Have you seen it yet? I really think you'd LOVE it! The first book in the series is called Dead Until Dark and the first season is pretty faithful to the book.

To anyone who loves Anne Rice books that is considering reading Twilight--put Lestat and his world out of your head. This series is NOTHING like the Cronicals. It is different...VERY little violence....it has a very romantic but yet still innocent feel to it. It is like comparing apples and oranges, both are wonderful, but they just are not the same. These books are more about romance and relationships and friendships FAR more than being about vamps or werewolves!!

Jill, I was the same, everyone raved about Harry Potter-I TRIED to watch 1 movie and it just wasnt for me...I just didtn see what all the fuss was about...

Twilight is very different, romantic, clean, thank goodness as it was meant for kiddos.

It was just addicting-at least to me, I couldnt put them down and read all 4 in 4 days... Thats 2550 pages , I read every moment I wasnt doing anything else.

Funny when I was done I felt alittle empty -like now what do I have to look forward too... It was just that good-IMO.

I have never even heard of Ann Rice Cronicals-but I am NOT into vampires, so that probably makes sense..

That probably helped me with Twilight series, I didnt have any preconceived notions....

I also have not read the Harry Potter stuff, did not watch the show, and can not really tell you anything at all about it. <<shrug>>

The Ann Rice books, hmmm yes I have read 2 of her books, found them macabre and hard to put down. I do not go out to find her books but if I run across one I will read it. She does have a different flair for writing and a little too real at times.

I agree with what was mentioned above, you can not compare the two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back