Tug of War, Anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
There is not an outdoor faucet where I have the water trough for the horses. So, I keep a hose connected to the freeze proof hydrant on the other side of the barn and just have it laying on the ground. I turn it on when I need fresh water. For two and a half years now, this system has worked just fine. All of a sudden, I have to go hunting for the end of the hose. That darn thing has been all over the dry lot. Go figure. Well, I finally got to the bottom of the mystery. It seems as if Festus, my little mini donkey takes one end of the hose and one of the other horses takes the other end and they have a lively game of tug of war out there in the mornings. I saw them this morning and just had to chuckle. Honestly, it's like having a bunch of naughty children out there. You just never know what they are up to!

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing, love hearing cute little horse stories. Always nice to know others have ornery little guys too.

Little rascals.
default_smile.png

Our two mini-donkeys (Bob and LeRoy) tug with anything. Hose, bike tire..old boot they found somewhere. Looks silly, but they are smart and need the stimulation.
default_smile.png

I can just picture the donkey and horses doing that! Just this morning I had worn my rain jacket out to do chores..........as it was raining lightly. When I was cleaning stalls I got warm and took it off. I just layed it over one of the stall doors. Well, when I came out of one of the stalls, I saw my jacket on the ground, with a yearling and two weanlings pawing and biting it! LOL It is now in the washer. Little brats!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back