Tuffy passed away last night....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffsmom

Reaction score
Tuff went from physically 100% fine around 5:30 feeding time, to dead before 10:00......

My husband went outside to go check on everyone before the finals come on. On his way out to the barn, he literally stumbled over my little Tuff. He said at first, he thought something attacked him from all the blood. He stepped back to the house, and all he said when he opened he door was "I'm so sorry.." and I just knew what had happened

He said it was best that I didn't look at him, and that he would bury him for me. He went outside and was gone for over an hour. He said after closer examination of Tuff, that no animal attacked him, he had not one cut on him. He said it looked like someone had turned on the faucet in his nose, and several gallons of blood had poured out. He said there was blood all over the ground, his nose, and his front legs....like he had stood with his head down, bleeding all over himself. What could have happened? I never got to see Tuffy to tell him goodbye. Poor Big Man has been running around squealing all morning, looking for our little buddy...I feel so bad for him.

I am in shock...I don't even know what to do, it doesn't seem real. My teeny tiny baby was hurting, and we had no clue. Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

I also feel like I should add, with everything that has happened on here, that I do not want another horse, nor any monetery donations.

I'm so so sorry
sickie.gif
sickie.gif
sickie.gif
I also don't have any idea what could have happened but my heart breaks for you and Tuffy!

I am so sorry for your little Tuffy. Prayers for you and your family during this Holiday season and your time of sadness.

OMG, I am so sorry!!!
no.gif

What is going on???

Yet another little Angel gets his wings??? I will be sending thoughts and prayers your way for little Tuffy...

Nancy

I am so very sorry for your loss!! I have no idea what could have happened to him. Could he have gotten into some poison or toxins of some sort?

Oh my gosh...my heart goes out to you. Sounds like he had some type of internal hemorage happen...which is something you couldnt possibly have known about or seen coming. Tuff will stay close to you in your heart forever. God Bless. Connie

oh, I am soooo sorry. He could have had a clotting disorder, either inherited or from rat bait. Was the blood coming out his nose? Hard as it is, without a full workup we will probably never know. BIG hugs.

My husband said it looked as if somone had turned on a faucet, with all the blood coming out of his nose. He really did emphasize on the amount of blood there was. There is still a big stain on the grass this morning. We couldn't tell how long he had been lying there, it was so cold last night the blood had already congealed..... There was absolutley no way he could have gotten into any sort of toxic anything. I don't know what to think..

[SIZE=14pt]So very very sorry! Could it have been a ruptured aneurysm ? Dr Pam would know the best of all of us.[/SIZE]

Lyn

OMG! I'm SO sorry about your little Tuffy!
crybaby.gif

It does not sound like a slow leak, but a sudden, fast thing. My heart breaks for you. He was loved and will be forever. I'm just so sorry. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

No magic words..... I know you must be in a lot of pain....

Your little man is not far from you, I'm sure.

Blessings,

MA

I am very sorry for your news.

I am so sorry on your loss of your beautiful animal.

Hugs

Bonnie

So very very sorry for your loss! You will be in my thoughts and prayers! God speed little Tuffy.

Tammie~

I am so very, very sorry to hear about your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

hugs coming your way,

God Bless you,

Lisa

Latest posts

Back