Trying to be thankful

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mymirage

Reaction score
it could be much worse but I get sooo tired of doing the same job over and over - seems to be never ending! Every since Floyd in 99, we have had trouble in our area with water flow. Well, it rained off and on yesterday and today (stopped around 11 am) and when I got off work today (5:30 pm), here is what I found:

ohmy.gif

100_2871.jpg

This is inside our mini barn

100_2942.jpg

This is the doorway to my big horse barn

100_2941.jpg

Another with my favorite girl looking a dry place that isn't to be found

100_2902.jpg

Moving the little ones out of their pastures...

100_2868.jpg

the high pasture

I know I am lucky to have my house dry and my babies well, I just want to be grumpy about having to drain the pastures and pick up debris every time it rains over and inch....
wacko.gif
I just want to move
sad.gif

Thanks for listening

Wow, that looks nasty, sure to be smelly, too.

I am sorry for your misfortunes.

I would be disgusted, also.

We get lots of rain, here, but the area is designed for it, plus we live on a hillside, so very little standing water problems.

Instead of moving, is there a way you could get a fill put in and maybe build a different "emergency" structure up there so that you could move them into it when it gets deep?

Liz M.

My brother in law took the pastures that stay dry when he got married and I am not allowed to "cause problems" with him or his wife
no.gif

The only way to get fill in is to get engineering permits as this is within 500' of wetlands - that is why it no longer drains - we had no problems from 1979-1999 until the hurricanes of 99 destroyed the drain lands and the army corp of engineers will not allow anyone to "clean " the ditches in the wetlands - that is interfering with nature
wacko.gif

So that leaves: clean up after each rain or move - I want to move!

Of course, my guys do water obstacles well
wink.gif

Wow, I can see your dilemma. I have to think I would be thinking "move", too.

I hope things get better, though, at least for now...and stay that way would be nice!

Liz M.

Oh my gosh!!! I will never complain about more than an inch of rain here EVER again after seeing what you go through!
new_shocked.gif
I used to have a similar problem in the barn, but was able to do some filling here and there and have pretty much eliminated that, but I still NEED gutters to help with the mess in FRONT of the barn, however it is NEVER as bad as your pastures!
ohmy.gif

I would be in tears every single time it happened!
no.gif
BIG HUGS to you!!!!!!

Well, I certainly hope an opportunity to move comes your way soon. And feel free to whine about it every time it rains, you have every right to!!!

Latest posts

Back