TRIGGER STUFFED, I MEAN MOUNTED!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT ROY ROGERS HORSE, TRIGGER, WAS MOUNTED IN HIS MUSEUM SO TONIGHT I DID A SEARCH. WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW IS THEY ALSO "STUFFED" DALE'S HORSE BUTTERMILK, A HORSE NAMED TRIGGER JR. AND A DOG NAMED BULLET.

THE MUSEUM IS IN BRANSON, MISSOURI AND I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE HAS BEEN AND LOOKED AT THEM?

THE WHOLE THING KINDA CREEPED ME OUT WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? NIKKI
default_smile.png

I've been to a Roy Rogers museum but it was in Apple Valley in CA. They did have Trigger, Buttermilk and Bullet (the dog). It was an interesting museum but I don't know that I would want to have my horse stuffed.

My friend that feeds for me, his older brother is working with a taxidermist now and he said a lady just came to them and asked them to do a full size mount of her horse. YUCK! (personally!)

I visited the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum in Waco, Texas several years ago and they had "mounted" horses with wax ranger figures on display. It was rather creepy.

I have seen Trigger. I was just a kid, and I remember it very vividly. Now, where I was, I have no clue, but my grandmother lived in Missouri, so that seems feasible as to where I saw him. It is VERY strange looking at a dead stuffed horse. He was hard as a rock... and stiff

They did the same thing to Misty from the Misty of Chincoteague books...

I haven't ever been there, but that sounds sort of freaky to me too! I'm sure it would be interesting to see though! Shannon

They did the same thing to Misty from the Misty of Chincoteague books...

YUK...IT MAKES ME FEEL ALL YUKKY INSIDE :smileypuke:

WHAT'S UP WITH STUFFING HORSES? DID THEY STUFF MORRIS THE CAT OR RIN TIN TIN (SP) ? NIKKI

I met the real Trigger when I was 9 yrs old. He was being boarded at a motherhouse for nuns in Michigan during a break from performing in the midwest. I got to pet him and feed him carrots.
default_wub.png
:

I met the real Trigger when I was 9 yrs old. He was being boarded at a motherhouse for nuns in Michigan during a break from performing in the midwest. I got to pet him and feed him carrots.
default_wub.png
:
I think I'd rather have seen the live horse too.

I knew they were stuffed and in a museum, but think I would rather just see pictures once they have passed on.

I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT ROY ROGERS HORSE, TRIGGER, WAS MOUNTED IN HIS MUSEUM SO TONIGHT I DID A SEARCH. WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW IS THEY ALSO "STUFFED" DALE'S HORSE BUTTERMILK, A HORSE NAMED TRIGGER JR. AND A DOG NAMED BULLET.

THE MUSEUM IS IN BRANSON, MISSOURI AND I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE HAS BEEN AND LOOKED AT THEM?

THE WHOLE THING KINDA CREEPED ME OUT WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? NIKKI
default_smile.png
I have a horrible phobia of mounts...............so the concept alone kinda freaks me out...there is NO WAY I would ever purposely go see it.........I have enough problems walking past the local gun store............way too many heads...........

And it is the current trend to have pets stuffed, mummified, or cryo-stored...................ewwwwwwww.......cremation is good enough for me and my pets thank you very much...............................................maybe we ought to stuff our families .....................

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to live in Hesperia, Ca. Roy and Dale lived in Apple Valley and we'd see Roy all the time bowling. I've been to their museum(didn't know it had been moved though!) a long time ago and saw all their stuffed animals.....they had actually done a really nice job! Not something I would ever do.......but to each his own I guess.

:lol: I live about 30 minutes from Victorville (where Roy Roger's museum was... up until a couple years ago). Their ranch in Helendale (where Trigger actually lived) is only about 20 minutes from my home, and it was sold after their deaths, to a gentleman who now carries on their yearly traditions of a huge BBQ.

I've always loved Roy Roger's movies (I'm only 26
default_yes.gif
: ) and Trigger was a big part of my childhood. I never had the chance to go to the museum until a few months before they closed it to move it back east (the wood from the museum is now the fence that boarders their ranch in Helendale). I went, spent several hours and took pictures. It was the coolest/saddest thing. I learned so much about Roy and Dale that I got that warm fuzzy feeling inside. And seeing Trigger, knowing he was the world's most famous horse for a while was amazing. But Trigger, Trigger Jr, and Buttermilk aren't the only ones stuffed in there, there are MANY different animals that Roy killed on his hunting trips. (It was a big museum of death.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_smile.png
I just figured the experience was no different than going to someone's house who has mounted deer heads on the walls or to a museum to look at fossils and stuffed animals.

Edited for spelling.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to the museum in Branson. Yes, the mounts are pretty...err..."un-natural" looking. But the rest of the museum was pretty neat. I especially liked the fancy saddles.

Trigger was a beautiful horse and I think there is just no way a taxidermist could ever do him justice. I like to watch the show even though it was "before my time"...

GEEE thanks TAg my entire family and dogs are thanking you for that................................I of course screamed and ran my chair backwards..............................stuffed mounted whatever ...they are dead things with nasty fake eyeballs that are so gross it isn't funny.................................

I admit I can finally walk past the bedroom of my brother inlaw with the door open and "see" fred without running out of their house ...this is an improvement...fred is their 3 point buck mount
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

You have no idea how idiotic I feel about this dumb phobia that leads to my family scoping out any new restraunt to see if I can even eat there..............they often locate the best entry and request special seating if there are only one or two of the dumb things....................I can touch, be in the prescence of and deal with rendering, burying etc ....but I absolutely panic in the presence of mounts..........................you should have seen the cabellas catalog fly across the room
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: I had no idea they had pictures of mounts......and 2 BIL's laughed their butts off and nearly were throttled by me...........

give me skeletons, skins, feathers, but keep those awful mounted fake eyeball things somewhere else.........oh and shrunken heads are also quite creepy when they are up close but at least they don't have those nasty eyeballs :new_shocked:

Along with Misty, her foal Stormy, Rienzi, Little Sorrel, Comanche and others....

Roadside America Faithful Steeds Attractions

Hey, that was a cool link. Thanks for that.........None of them bothered me except the one "head mount". That was kind of weird. I have been to see the museum in MO. It was cool.....and like one of you said, the saddles were awesome.

Alicia

I have not seen Trigger, but that is nothing compared to the Body Worlds exhibit I saw in Chicago. A doctor (German I believe) took bodies (volunteered) and put something through their veins to plasticize their muscles etc and then removed all the skin to show the way our bodies look and work in a variety of functions. While it was very...ahem..."educational" it was also very very creepy. One exhibit features a rider mounted on a horse that has had the same treatment. You can see a picture on the homepage. http://www.bodyworlds.com/index.html

Ugh.

THANKS FOR THE LINKS YOU GUYS :bgrin ...YUK! OF COURSE I LOOKED BECAUSE I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF EVEN THOUGH I NEW IT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL ALL WEIRD INSIDE
default_wacko.png
: . I WATCHED A PROGRAM ON T.V. ABOUT THAT DR., BODY WORLD FELLA. JUST AS CREEPY! NIKKI
default_smile.png

[SIZE=14pt]If you think mounted horses is disturbing.... I know someone who had a BEAUTIFUL overo that died due to colic and her husband skinned him and they have his HIDE hanging on the wall in their house.... freaked me out when I saw it and the REALLY freaked me out when it was her favorite horse....[/SIZE]

April

Latest posts

Back