Trick Training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtominis

Reaction score
I decided we needed a little variety in our routine, so today we threw in some obstacles and a trick. We needed to channel all of that spunk into something useful! We walked over plastic bags and I took a rubber feed pan and flipped it over as a pedestal and Teddy, always up for something new, fearlessly put his two front feet up on it
default_firstprize.gif
... this was great until it got flattened by half of his weight! What do you use for pedestals? What other tricks can I teach this little guy? I hesitate on teaching him rearing because this is still a habit we are trying to curb.

Oh there are lots! My stallion is trick trained, and he gives kisses and hugs(mini style), shakes hands, smiles, shakes his head yes and no, line dances, and plays soccer. I didn't teach the rear because i didn't want any bad habits started either.

Not sure how large of a pedestal you want. Our baby (errr, she's not so much of a baby anymore but will be a yearling at end of this May) turned my stool into a pedestal the first time I used it. It's a small Rubbermaid footstool (made of a hard material) I used to sit on while grooming her. I got up during a pause to do something and while my back was turned, she promptly hopped her front feet on it. Then she tipped it over and tried to eat it, then grabbed an edge in her mouth and tried to run off with it. It's sturdy enough that she could stand on it without breaking, and it withstood he chewing attempts. Of all my experiments, this accidental experiment was one of the safer ones.

Double T- how did you teach him these? Teddy does give kisses
default_smile.png

And for a pedestal, I'd like one that could withstand all of his weight if I could get him to stand on it completely. I've heard of people nailing a thick wooden circle onto a tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double T- how did you teach him these? Teddy does give kisses
default_smile.png

And for a pedestal, I'd like one that could withstand all of his weight if I could get him to stand on it completely. I've heard of people nailing a thick wooden circle onto a tire.
Sure, I sent you a message. Cisco and I routinely go to schools and such performing for the kids. Our latest was at my son's school a couple of weeks ago.

They have a bunch of fun trick training books out there! The first day I had Charm I taught her how to give kisses
default_wub.png
Mini kisses are the best!

Latest posts

Back