Transport question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same inquiry. But as Robin said, and I told this guy, I am not going to send a pet quality horse to India as the representation of my farm. He is NOT the first person to want to export a pet quality mini from me. I'm just not going to do it - first it makes NO sense to me why you'd spend $$$$$ on the export and quarantine and have the horse only cost $1000. Secondly, that's not what I want other people to see from my farm and make the assumption that I sold the horse as "show" or "breeding" quality. It just doesn't add up. Not saying he's a scammer, he's just not educated well enough on the subject.

Dawn, your horses are very nice so I can understand why he's pursuing thngs with you, but just be careful as I know you will.

He's missed me too LOL....is he just slighting us in Texas?
default_biggrin.png
Jan

I think he is, we didn't get one either! But then, we don't have any under 29" ....

Lucy

We asked a few questions like where the horses would be kept and if he could send photos of the facility and have not heard from him since.

I got the impression he was sending these emails from an internet cafe....

You are so funny, Tony :)

But I am VERY surprised you have not been contacted also since you have the largest selection of the 28"ers in the country! :)

Susan O.

I agree Joanne. Once I started asking questions about his facility, other horses he had and I wanted his full name and address then BOOM---the emails just stopped; therefore, I can only assume he's a scammer.

Hi ,

I had an e.mail from India a few months back and when i asked for more details they said they were enquiring on behalf of clients.

Some of whom wanted pets some for zoo's and some for breeding ...as soon as he said zoo's i thought i dont think so.

I dont really see anyone in India really wanting miniature horses or anyone who would be willing to keep them the way most people on this forum do...

But I am VERY surprised you have not been contacted also since you have the largest selection of the 28"ers in the country! :)
Susan O.
This was my first thought, after Tony mentioned not being contacted.

i personally don't like the idea of importing/exporting horses('specially minis), there's to many risks involved and, to be honest, i'm VERY overprotective of my babies and i'm also a worrywart
default_rolleyes.gif
lol! i worry that the staff may mishandle the horses, forget to feed/water them, the stalls may be to small for minis and they may be thrown around or even injured, the stress the animal endurs(sp?), other passengers on the plane/ship may tease the horse or let them loose, feed them things they shouldn't be eating, then the plane could crash, the ship could tip over/sink. then there's the quarentine, 2 weeks(or whatever the duration) in a stall with nothing to do but turn in circles. then you have no idea what the farm looks like, the condition of the other horses, etc etc.
default_unsure.png
its a very scary idea to me. fake pictures can be sent, false references can be used(relatives). and any person who wants to ship MY babies as cargo can take their cheap inquiries somewhere else!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back