Transfering a horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kira98

Reaction score
Okay I have a question about transfering a horse.

Can a member (the seller) transfer the papers into the nonmembers(buyer)

name with out the nonmember having to pay for a membership

does that make sense ? I just got in from work and doing the chores and its been a long day and i thought about this alot today

while i was at work

I was just wondering if say I sell a horse and I was a member and the person buyin was a nonmember can i send the papers off to be

transfered into their name to save them from becoming a member if they are not goin to be showing ????

or vice versa if i was to buy a horse and hadnt renewed my membership yet could the seller transfer into my name

I am needing to know the rules for both the A and R

thanks guys time for bed now i think

Yes, certainly with AMHR you can do that. I have done it with a couple that I've sold, and a couple sellers have done it for me--not because I wasn't a member at the time, just because they said they were sending in other paperwork & so would send mine in too.

I cannot say about AMHA--I haven't tried to do it with them.

Erika,

I do it often with buyers who don't intend to show (with both A & R) and don't really care to spend the money to join the registries. They usually reimburse me, but I send in the paperwork with one of my checks under my member number. Since I've offered this service, it gets more of my kids out of my name in the studbooks. Otherwise, many just won't send it in.

Rita

Back