Transfer question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamcatcher

Reaction score
This may have been asked before, but I cant seem to access the search features from my iphone. I am not sure how to go about submitting the transfer for my stallion. He was my mothers prior to her death. I have all of his papers for AMHA, AMHR and Pinto. Do I need to join any of the clubs or take him to a show to be measured? Also what do I do about her signature?

Thanks in advance. I have never had to deal with any reg issues before, she always did that part.

Andrea

I know you need to be a member of both A and R to do any registry work, you shouldn't have to take him to a show to be measured you can do the measuring yourself. I'm not sure on the signature perhaps someone here knows, surely the registries would allow you to sign since your family. Sorry about your mother.

AMHR has a regular procedure for handling the paperwork of deceased members. Contact the office and they will tell you how to go about getting him into your name.

I'm not sure but I think one of the miniature registries (I think its AMHA) allows for paperwork without membership, but you pay a higher fee to get the paperwork done, so if you have a lot of paperwork to do, it might be cheaper to join.

Nope both registries require membership to do any kind of paperwork. AMHA has been like this for a while now, last year or at least I believe it was last year AMHR had changed it to you didn't have to be a member but pay doubled fees but changed it back to you have to be a member this year.

For AMHR you would be looking at a membership ($65), transfer ($15 if under 6 months, $25 if over 6 months), and temp to perm fee ($5 if in 3 year old year, $10 if certificate has expired) if the horse isn't already perm and 3 or older. So $80 to $100 depending on what you need to do. Call the office and they will talk you through the legal documents you'll need to provide to transfer him (which won't be anything that the executor of the estate doesn't already have copies of).

Thank you all for the replies. I have contacted all three registries and will need a copy of the death cert and the executers signature. My boy is permanant registered parent qualified and will only need to pay the transfer fees. Apparently Mom updated the family membership before she passed so im good in that aspect. Seems like it going to be easy breezy.

Latest posts

Back