Transfer of Ownership Question??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strangeaddiction

Reaction score
As most of you know, I just bought my first miniature horse. I just finally got all of his paperwork in the mail (it got returned to sender once, and then the owner moved). I found that he's registered AMHA and AMHR. My question is for his AMHR papers, do you have to become a member to transfer ownership? I don't plan on showing AMHR, just AMHA and PtHA (I will get him registered once I transfer the ownership).

If the seller is a member, they could send it in under their name/number; I've done that with transfers (I just paid for it, since it was just the transfer fee; but for registration or something with more fee than transfer, then I'd have the buyer pay). [i'm also sitting on a couple AMHA transfers, since I'm no longer a member, and only have two AMHA horses, so not worth the fees for just two. I have 12 registered with AMHR, and I'm a member of AMHR, since that is where most of mine are at.]

Latest posts

Back