Trailers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a lot of pictures of our trailer to be on my facebook page, album is called Nancy Katz (a friend we are helping who has ovarian cancer). I don't think you even have to friend me to see those pictures but if you do, just friend Jody Hoch and you are in.
Thank you. I found it
default_smile.png
What a great set up you have. Lots of little storage spots too by the look of it?

Thank you everyone! These pics and info have given me some handy ideas! I really appreciate your help!

We had our tack stall wired with two electrical outlets and put in an air-conditioner/heater, too. This way I can stay in it. The doors are fitted with dead bolt locks, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Mary, thanks. I love your set up. Our trailers can only be 1900 wide here in Australia though, i know USA has wider trailers than us, but wonder if this kind of set up is still possible... do you know how wide your trailer is?

Do you find these are a problem with trailering really small minis/weanlings? I could see my babies backing out of there and wandering around the trailer lol I guess i could get a foal gate made that attached lower down...
Sorry , I just saw your questions today. I really am not sure how wide the trailer is but I will find out tomorrow.I will also find out how long the dividers are.

Even if you only have a few inches to squeeze behind them I will tell you its sooooooo much easier. As far as the babies we usually take out the first divider and we have another divider that goes all the way to the floor and all the way to the other wall. Its makes a box stall and is perfectly safe. We have never had a problem hauling babies, but that is the only time we use that divider. We also run cameras, so that we can see them while we travel. It is just a piece of mind thing for us. Takes some of the worry out of the drive. We tie the minis in the front so there is no backing out of the stalls. We do have one little guy that will lean on the butt bar everytime we haul him. He just don't like standing. LOL I also recomend not slanting the mini dividers. You can utilize your space so much more if they are straight, even in a big horse slant load.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Sundowner 3 horse slant that I haul everything in - big horses & minis - so I can't have permanently installed mini dividers. I started working on dividers last year and found them to be pretty expensive. The pvc gates are an interesting approach, may look into that but I would have to configure without the permanent posts in the middle of the trailer. It may take more room, but I personally like having the dividers at a slant. It makes walking the horses in and out much easier, especially with a taller horse, if you don't have a sharp angle to turn them into. The ones I have used also don't go all the way side to side, so you always have an aisle to walk behind & access horses without unloading.

What I do like....height of the trailer, have had a shorter mini trailer (could stand in it but had to duck going in the door...lots of headaches lol), love having a ramp and a trailer cam. Great peace of mind to be able to check on your horses going down the road, especially on a long haul.

The shorter trailer we used for awhile had a rack on top, but I found for me, it was a major pain to haul carts up to the roof. I had to either rely on my daughter who was pretty small at the time, or hunt for help at every show. I had rings installed in the roof of the Sundowner so I can pulley it up inside and haul it alongside the ceiling if I don't have room to stand it in the rear.

Jan

The only thing I don't like about the little box trailers is the single axle. If you hit a rut you can bounce that puppy down the road.... double axles are more stable.

Latest posts

Back