trailer cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmh

Reaction score
We have an aluminum Sundowner GN 21' , 3 horse slant load trailer with a 4' short wall living quarters area. I am curious to know what some of you use for a trailer camera to watch the horses while you travel?

Do you have wired or wireless? We are thinking a wired system will not work since the LQ is finished off and we do not want to drill holes in the interior to run wires.

For those of you with wireless systems....do they work that well and can it penetrate the aluminum on the trailer? Where can I find the wireless cams without spending several hundred $$?

Any information would be much appreciated. We would like to get something hooked up before show season begins.

Thanks

Steph

I'm lucky- my S.O. is an electronics whiz and he jury-rigged a cheap wireless backup camera to work as a trailer cam for me! I now have this tiny little color LCD that sits right next to my GPS when I travel and shows me the boys at all times. I love it!

The picture does get lines and disappear when I'm hauling the trailer empty but I've found the more weight I have in it, the steadier the picture is. I think this is because the backup cam is only meant to be used backing up
default_whistling.gif
(i.e. low speeds, not much vibration) and so doesn't deal very well with the bouncing of a lightly-loaded rig. I also have to have the lights on when hauling at night as it does not have infrared and is useless without external lighting but for about $80 I thought it was a pretty good deal!
default_thumbup.gif

Leia

Latest posts

Back