Tragedy at Fort Hood.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepipony

Reaction score
By now I am sure everyone has heard about this. In case you havent, someone went on a shooting rampage at Fort Hood Army base in TX. Shooter was killed, as were 11 others with some 20+ injured. 2 others were arrested, all were wearing uniforms though it is not known if they were military. All that were killed were getting ready to deploy and were at a readiness building.

Lets keep all of them ,all of their families and friends, in our prayers.
default_pray.gif

Horrible. List of injured is up to 31 now. The shooter, who was killed himself was an army doctor - psychiatrist who was about to be deployed himself and not happy about it apparently. He had recently converted to Islam....

Just so hard to understand when someone goes of like this, beyond my comprehension. My prayers go out to all of those involved, Ft Hood is just about 45 minutes up the road from us.

Jan

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all our US friends at this time. We have family based at Fort Hood, as well as the many friends that we made during our recent visit to Texas. You are in our thoughts.
default_pray.gif

I heard this on the radio when I was coming home from work last night. Haven't had any news on since so haven't heard anything more. That report that I heard said that the shooter that was killed held the rank of Major.

So sad. It's bad enough when our guys get sent overseas and are killed or injured there, but it sure isn't supposed to happen on a base here at home before they even leave.

My prayers and sympathies go out to the families of those killed and injured, and to the injured themselves.

This was such a sad event..senseless......the shooter is ALIVE tho at this time ..in the hospital on life support......1 of the wounded has died and the others are in stable condition. We live right near Fort Hood..heard all the sirens...the Life Flight copters overhead.....very sad...and stories emerging how some of the wounded helped those around them to safety..tried to stop bleeding and warned others while themselves were wounded...thats our soldiers..Bless them all!

what a horrible event. our prayers and hearts go out to all those affected. it is unthinkable that something like this would happen to our troops on american soil.
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back