Tough day at our house

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Today we will be taking our beloved Great Pyr, Toby in to be laid to rest. He was diagnosed with cancer in his right shoulder a couple of months ago and sent home with massive pain-killers to help with the pain. The cancer clearly was spreading thoughout his body and at 12 years old surgery was out of the question, but now the painkillers aren't helping much at all and I don't want to let him live in pain. This morning Toby gave me "the look" that told me it was time - it is so very difficult, he has been the all-time greatest dog since we got him 11-1/2 years ago. He will be cremated and brought home to Mountain Meadows and buried with his friend Topper who we lost just a couple of months ago.

Tough times at Mountain Meadows.

Stacy

:no: I'm soo sorry. I hope it feels somewhat better knowing he won't be in pain any longer. It has to be one of the most hardest things to do in life.....and I don't think it gets easier.....

(((((hugs))))) and know we are all thinking about you

~kathryn

I am really sorry to read this, Stacy...

we all dread it and it hurts terribly, but he will know you loved him so much. You know as well as he does that there is no more quality to life or so little that it is lost in the sea of pain and misery, it is time to go.

You have had a bit of a rough time for sure.

Time will make the loss less raw.

Here's hoping that things get better.

Liz M.

Stacy, you have my deep condolences. Our beloved pets(especially, I think, our dogs...)are some of our very, VERY best friends-in fact, family members--and it is heart-rending to have to let them go. Thank God we will ALWAYS have our memories....

With sympathy in your grief,

Margo

I'm so sorry Stacy
default_sad.png
He knows how much you love him...and he has had a wonderful life with you. Hang in there
default_sad.png

Tracy

My deepest condolensces to you. It is so darn tough, especially when the losses are so close together.

I find it strange how many people I know have lost more than one beloved pet (or family member) within a month or 2 of another's passing. I know of 2 cases with family pets that have happened just like this in my family alone. It doesn't make it any easier, but does make me wonder why it seems to happen this way.

Hang in there and take a what comfort you can in knowing that your precious Toby will no longer suffer any pain and that Topper is waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge.

Many many (((((((Hugs)))))))

I'm sorry you've had to do this but, when it's time, we have no choice but to let them go gently.

I've only dealt with cremation once, but the day my Bear came back home was almost as heart-breaking as the day he left me.

My thoughts are with you Stacy.

These best friends of ours just don't stay with us long enough.....

It's a great gift that you recognised his look - he know how much you love him.

Take care!

I am sorry for your loss today. I just got home from picking up my mom's dog, we had to put her to sleep Monday due to a major diabetes crash. She has been my mom's companion for the last 9 years, she was 1 month shy of her 10th birthday. I think my mom cried harder than when her father passed. I is very tough, they are the ones who are always there for you no matter what :no:

My 11yr old pitbull is really starting to have a hard time getting around, I know I am going to have to make that same decision in the near future. My boyfriend and I got him 2 weeks after we started dating 11 years ago, he is our child.

Hang in there, you made the right decision even though it is the hardest one to make.
default_wub.png
:

Thinking of you today..........it is never easy. I bet he has had a wonderful life with you.

Hugs sent your way.

Angie

Stacy my best to you and your family during this difficult time. Know that you are doing the right thing and that your beloved dog will thank you for ending his suffering
default_wub.png
:

Oh I am so very sorry. Keeping you and your dear sweet canine companion in my thoughts for peace at such a difficult time.

Stacy, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much it hurts to have to make the ultimate choice when it comes to our beloved pets.It just never gets any easier, and I really do think as we get older it gets so much harder. I am sure when he looked at you...he was pleading with you to love him as you always have and let him go. We lost 2 dogs in 1 year also, just last year, one was 18 yrs old and one was 17 yrs. They were the best of friends and died within 3 months of each other. We have our 2 house "kids" both black labs, our Shado is 13 yrs old on July 15, is my hubbys constant companion and our baby, and some days his age really does show, and he has a harder time, with his arthiritus (sp) Angel is 3 yrs old in October, and my companion, our baby #2. All of us love our animals so much, its just not fair for the short time we have them in our lives. (((hugs))) Corinne

Latest posts

Back