Tornadoes in Florida

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marylou

Reaction score
Anyone who has people in Volushia County and surrounding area major damage and loss of life. Talked to friend in Deland and She said She was alright but her vet is in area hit. Lots of horse farms there. Farms lost fencing and horses are running all over the place. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
default_wub.png
:

I too have just heard about it.. how scary. That is my biggest fear , as there is nothing that can be done to protect my precious horses !
default_sad.png
If only I had a walk in basement. I hope that everyone in that area is doing OK.

I'm waiting to hear if my Grandparents are ok...they are in Lady Lake.

editted this...I just got through to my grandparents and they are ok. he said it was about a mile away from their house. The governor has just landed so they are waiting for the report on the news.

I hope everyone else that has friends/family down there are safe too! My thoughts are with you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]I just saw here on the internet that atleast 14 are confirmed dead - 3 in Lady Lake and 11 in Paisley. Paisley is where SWA lives - praying that she is ok along with everyone else in the ravaged area.[/SIZE]

Barbie

i hope we hear from tanya soon! i imagine all phones there are probably busy?

I live farter south in Florida. I called Tanya and it goes straight to voice mail on her Nextel. I have emailed to so hopefully we will here from her.

A Tornado hit in Lake City a few miles away from where we were staying at my brother in laws over Christmas. One second it was gray and kind of rainy looking and then I look out the window again and it's almoost pitch black and I thought I heard really weird thunder. It turned out that it was the tornado overhead and it hit in town and took out a gas station. I am glad I only thought it was thunder as I probably would have had a heart attack. We had one mini with us at the time as well.

Amanda

The death count is now 19. All we ended up getting was some wind. Its just unreal. Will be calling my friend in Deland soon. Will post if any new reports.

By the way for those who do not know, there are no basements in Florida. Water table is too high.

It's horrible. I'm on pins and needles waiting for SWA to contact us.

My X lives in Live Oak. I hope a trailer hit him upside the head

[SIZE=12pt]Tanya is ok - she responded on another thread. Lost her barn roof, but all horses are ok. [/SIZE]

Barbie

talked to Patricia Dempsey at Beloved's miniatures she is fine. It hit about 2 miles from her but have not heard from any one else

twelveoaks

Latest posts

Back