Tornado in Gassville, Arkansas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teri - thanks for adding this link. It shows a lot of the devastation. When you are from a small town of less than 1500 and 1/2 the town is gone - it is personal. But you sure begin to realize how many people care. It is amazing to me the amount of calls, emails and messages we have received. But more than that the amount of volunteers that have come into our area and from our area - I am so very proud of our community !!!!

Lisa - Ozark

I am so glad to hear you are all ok -- sorry about Debbies' house, glad she is ok -- when I heard of the tornado we immediatley thought of ALL our friends in Arkasas.

Glad to see Erica & numerous others are also ok -- so sorry for those who did not fare so well.

Has anybody heard from Larry & Murl?? Joe is wondering ??

Also has anyone heard from Dana -- at Flying A?/

Thanks for posting Lisa -- give our best to Debbie please.

Spoke with Dana last night - they are about 100 miles from the storms. She as fine. Spoke with Larry and Murl today - they heard the storms go overhead but did not get any damage. The Wild Women (Tami and crew ) are also fine.

Lisa

Again, we are glad to hear of our friends in the south posting they or others are good. Glad to hear there are no serious injuries.

We still have 6 weeks of winter to go and from what the weather people are saying, we are not done yet. Iowa was hit with this storm, flooding and now today tons of snow.

The east coast is getting the tail end of this storm, I hope everyone checks in.

Again Lisa, Debbie if there is anything we can do, if you hear of a fund being set up by the Red Cross or Humane Society to help displaced people and animals, please pass the word to us.

Has anyone heard from Jean_B? I've been worried all day about her! I don't know exactly where the tornadoes hit but do know Jean is located near Booneville. Does anyone know if that area was affected? I pray not....

I've seen some of the devistation on television and it is incrediable. I feel so sorry for the people who were killed and those who lost so much.

If there is anything I can do please let me know.

We got about 14 inches of snow but that is not nearly as bad as those in the south.

Keeping everyone the the area in my thoughts and prayers.

That tornado came really close to you! Glad no one, minis included were hurt up there. I was wondering if anyone would have trouble with tornados and might lose some horses. Especially ya'll in Arkansas. It is a tragedy about all the people who died. Glad to hear of no reports of injured minis yet. I remember when we had a tornado here how all the neighbors in our neighborhood would call to each other and make sure everyone was all right. That was really nice to know how people cared.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also wondering about Jean Barnhill -- my email to her came back -- maybe power related -- has anyone heard how she fared in all of this??

I was worried when I heard it on the news too. I so sorry. Do you often have bad weather? My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
default_sad.png

Teri, your photos of the town are shocking, but amazing. I've never been anywhere near a tornadoe or its aftermath, so it's incomprehensible to me the amount of damage and how the town and the individuals who live there can recover from something like that.

My heart goes out to everyone who was affected by these tornadoes!

" was worried when I heard it on the news too. I so sorry. Do you often have bad weather? My thoughts and prayers go out to you. "

We have bad storms in all year round here in AR. They say around here if you don't like the weather, wait 5 mins and it will change. I am in central AR, about 100-150 miles south of where the really bad stuff happened, but we got our share here too, You just learn to live with it. I spent a few years on the coast in NC and give me tis weather anyday over the hurricanes!! We are all glad everyone is ok. Hope the best for people in Tennessee also. Hope all of u are ok.

Shelley<><

default_yes.gif
Lisa, hi it 's Ron so glad to hear that all of you are well physically and pretty much emotionally. That was a heck of a storm from what I have heard and the pictures I have seen.

Take care and if there is any help needed let us know.

Ron

Oh glad to hear your ok!!!Was trying to remember who was located near that area!So glad to hear your all ok!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Teri - thanks for adding this link. It shows a lot of the devastation. When you are from a small town of less than 1500 and 1/2 the town is gone - it is personal.
Amen.
default_bye-sad.gif

When I saw the news of all the havoc that's been wreaked by these tornados, I couldn't even begin to comment, other than to say our hearts and prayers are with all those families. God be with them through this, and always.

Glad to hear that you are alright along with Penny and the other horses, Bruce forwarded the photo's from you this morning to us here in PA, OMG I would have been a basket case after seeing what all you guys went thru. Someone must have been watching you guys to keep you all safe ~

Latest posts

Back