Top Breeding horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats great to hear about the conformation seminar. is it being held by the IMHSPS?

Horsesmakeubroke i thought that you were having nothing more to do with Irish miniatures after your judging them in August? are you aware that there are 7 new directors of that society now, fingers crossed there will be alot of progress with them next year, BIG PLANS :aktion033:

CHEEKY CHARLIE AKA AS SARAH, ALSO KNOWN AS FLYTTE2006, I DO BELIEVE YOUR BANNED!!SO STAY OFF MY PM ALSO BEFORE YOU GO, you said that i should post a picture of my horse as you say hes a dwarf, well here he is,does anyone else think hes a dwarf?? kate? whats your opinionas a judge?? EDITED TO ADD I AM NOT ADDING KATE TO THE LIST ,I ONLY WANTED HER OPINION ON MY HORSE
pictures.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say, Pretty boy
default_yes.gif
: Tony that is a graet site, thank you

I think there was a thread like this a while ago and Lyn brought up a good point that really stuck with me. The miniatures that were considered 'top' 25yrs ago are not what is considered 'top' today. If you want to see what i consider modern miniatures that are 'top of the line' today take a look at a few of these.

ERL Volontair

Buckaroo (prob will never go out of style)

Little King's

Michigan

Buckeye WCF

Alvadars Double Destiny (heavely buckaroo bred)

Most ERL minis

Champion Farms Nighthawk

Glen Oak minis (most of theres are very nice and modern)

Those are just naming a few of what i think is 'top' and winning today. Sorry to give you mostly farm names
default_smile.png

Another thing i noticed, most of the 'top' miniatures today are heavely Shetland bred or are AMHR/ASPC double registered. Buckaroo has so much shetland blood in him i wouldnt know where to start. Of course i think Rhotens Little Dandy and all the big ones are here to stay. LTD is a faverit of mine along with Little Kings White Russion, Buck the System, Dippers Duffy and ERL Volontair.

IMO, ERL Volontair and Double Destiny are just two of the bloodlines that i am really interested in. They are very modern IMO.

Hope i answered your question, i cant answer how they got there ..they just did lol. They have something that really stuck out, buckaroo is 29 (?) years old and today is still considered modern. Now go back 29 yrs ago when the minis were not as refined/dishy ...buckaroo was a horse way ahead of his time!

(I'm trying to ignore all the comments above and just answer your orignal question)
default_smile.png

Lynda you know from all your PM's asking for my advice that I didn't think Twinkle was a dwarf! I've praised you time and again for the improvements you've made to him and I still think he has fantastic presence. Moody Mare I have decided to distance myself from the IMHPS for reasons I have made clear in writing. But the day I distance myself from horses of any shape or size is the day they'll cremate me and spread my ashes on the muck heap! (My final request..
default_wink.png
: )

Kate

It seems we too often jump to the cry of "dwarf" but arent a lot of conformation problems that we label dwarf seen in larger horses? How can we say for sure ANY miniature horse with one or two faults is caused by dwarfism, and how sad the shout of dwarf is used as an insult when we want to hurt or attack someone??

Back to the original question, I agree with Leanna, the great horses of today are different from the older "greats" my favourite is Alvadar Double Destiny, and Erica`s Echo of my Destiny.To my eye they are so balanced and regal looking, my ideal horses :) Maybe if we tell Ballynoe Baby our favourites and why they are, that would be of help???

I agree wholeheartedly Cairney. It's time dwarfism was stopped being used as an insult. No one would dream of insulting a parent by calling their child abnormal or retarted. That sort of hurtful nonsense is usually confined to the playground and adults should know better. In some cases it appears extremely difficult to tell if a horse is actually a dwarf. If they have faults they will not be highly placed in the show ring, dwarf or not. The fact is that far too many people feel they have the authority to condemn an animal as a dwarf when in fact it has the same conformational faults found in ALL breeds of horse.

Until such time as the money and resources are given to identifying a dwarf gene (perhaps this has been done?) and all horses undergo tests to rule out that gene (not a likely scenario), only very obvious cases can truly be identified by lay people as having dwarf characteristics. Such testing will not rule out mutating genes either!

It's appalling that some people will go out of their way to offend and hurt others by hurling uninformed insults at owners and breeders. Have they nothing better to do? It's time to GROW UP! Sorry but this nastiness and bullying really infuriates me! :no:

SHANE CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE IM 18 AND SHOULDNT HAVE TO LISTEN TO THIS CRAP!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

it doesnt matter
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back