Took the stinker to a show today finally!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricket8

Reaction score
Ohh goodness. Well that was fun. NOT! Who wants to show against a quarter pony. Poor Cricket never stood a chance. I should have taken her in Pony Single Pleasure as well because no one was in that class. I was kind of hoping for more competition. I know she isn't amazing or anything and she surely didn't look amazing because it was last minute but, we placed 2nd out of two haha. My friend had no idea how to show her so really this just turned out to be a practice day. Here are some pictures. At least she was the talk of the show. She is for sure a little girl magnet (they all wanted her.)

007.JPG

009.JPG

She looks cute with her ribbon! She was showing off being a mini and the other girls wanted her, so that's a good thing!
default_smile.png

Don't get discouraged. I showed my gelding twice against the big guys in Open Halter Horse and he beat MANY of them. One class he was third out of 26!

It was so funny: He came off the trailer and I got "oh, look how CUTE!" Once we cleaned their clocks there was grumbling...but a nice horse is a nice horse, no matter HOW small.

Thank you! She does! She had a lot of pictures taken of her. Next time we need to put blue in her mane haha. Wow! I would like to see how she does against several horses in the class it's really hard out here with the ponies because there are a lot of Haflingers and Hackneys out here being Amish Country. I hate showing against a QH because it's western type vs. Gaited small type. We were in a Miniature/Pony Halter Class and I never got a hold of the judge to ask what she deducted points for exactly. I know she isn't conformationally perfect. Question. Over here they like to you to put ribbons in their manes and forelocks why? I can understand a forelock to be able to pull it through and keep it through the halter but, why the mane?

You don't put ribbons in Mini manes and forelocks unless they are doing roadster. If you did that in a rated Mini show you'd be disqualified. You DO put them in on MODERN ponies ONLY. I've never heard of using ribbons on a MIni like that.

See I should have listened to someone on here. I know a lady out here that owns miniatures and breeds she told me to put ribbons in their mane and forelock. She said that's what they like out here... Hrrmphhh. I was going to let her go natural maybe I should have. Ohh well, all is done and a lesson learned.

Latest posts

Back