Today was a good day.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
My daughter, Bri, and I drove away from Petco today feeling like we may have made a difference.

Three summers ago I went to the local Humane Society Shelter with my daughter and we signed up as volunteers. I had been involved with the shelter near our old farm in Bend and didn't feel good there. THIS shelter is wonderful. They appreciate any help and they are a NO KILL facility!

Just this past year we have been called on to take a more active part with the weekend exhibits at places like Petco or Petsmart. Prior to that, we mostly did a once a week visit at the shelter where we only cleaned cat cages, socialized kittens, and walked dogs....

Today's exhibit was a good one. We had two dogs and about 8 adult cats....one of the cats was a "special needs" case.

I was so thrilled when we "closed up shop" that one of the dogs (and NOT the PUPPY!) was adopted, plus two kitties - and one was the SPECIAL NEEDS one!

It's funny when I participate in these days, my heart almost joins with the animal I am presenting.....I can feel them looking out at each person who is stopping to visit and hear them saying......"Are YOU the one? I am ready to LOVE you, if you are the one!"

This is the little fellow that was my charge and I hope has his forever home....

HOBBS.jpg

WONDERFUL!!!! Thank you to you & Bri for making a difference!
default_wub.png

What a wonderful thing you and your daughter are doing for these deserving animals! I can really see the hope in that dog's eyes--just breaks my heart. Congratulations on finding three good homes today!

Aww you just made me tear up and made my heart happy!!! LOL!! You did a great thing! Keep pluging away at helping find these guys and gals good homes!!

Maybe one day there won't be so many unwanted pets.....
default_sad.png
All we can do is try!!!

You guys did good!!!
default_wub.png

Leya

That is wonderful...you really are making a difference in these animals lives...that is awesome!!!

Liz R.

You guys are awesome.....you know I love ya both! I would have a hard time with that, would end up wanting to bring them all home!

Yay, way to go!!

I have worked for Petco for 5 years now.. I've seen A LOT!

Sometimes it's uplifting and sometimes it's so heartbreaking.

I try to do what I can..

I am the salon manager / groomer and even donate my grooming services to all of our local adoption groups.. some times I do several a week and some times it's not as often, but I don't mind at all. I feel like I am doing a little something to help them get a chance in life. -aside from promoting adoption, posting pictures in the salon, etc.-

There are truly some great dogs (and cats) that come through the rescues that are actually amazing!

Latest posts

Back