Today is my anniversary

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngieA

Reaction score
It has been ONE YEAR TODAY SINCE I STOPPED SMOKING... :aktion033:

I just had to let everyone I knew and some that I don't know....that I did this....So to all of you who want to stop and those of you that are working on it...Congrats...and good luck.....

So Happy Easter to all.....and as the saying goes...If I can do this anyone can....
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job Angie :aktion033: That is fantastic :aktion033:

I quit first of June last year, so far so good.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh that is soooo excellent!!! I became a quitter just over 8 years ago...it CAN be done.
default_yes.gif
:

You go Girl!! :aktion033: :new_shocked:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :488: :488: :cheeky-smiley-006: WAY TO GO! :cheeky-smiley-006: :488: :488: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Almost 5 here for us

Happy Easter :bgrin

good for you...

i stop and start and stop and start......its very hard to stop, non smokers dont realise how difficult it can be!!!

well done to you though..did you go cold turkey or did you use the patches..???

i am a twenty a dayer for 18 yrs now.....and i enjoy it.....so what were your resons for quiting???

good for you...

i stop and start and stop and start......its very hard to stop, non smokers dont realise how difficult it can be!!!

well done to you though..did you go cold turkey or did you use the patches..???

i am a twenty a dayer for 18 yrs now.....and i enjoy it.....so what were your resons for quiting???
I stopped cold turkey...I had tryed all the other things...I also liked it ......and I am such an adictive personality..I found every excuse to just have one more...So cold turkey there are no excuses..It was hard...but I was ready...I did it for my health.....I have artery problems contributed from smoking.....I am also 61 so been at it a longgggggggggggggggggggggg time...I guess you can teach an old dog a new trick or 2...lol You are right...anyone who never smoked hasn't got a clue how hard it is...but it can be done.

:aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS Angie! That's quite a milestone, I know!! Wishing you many, many more years of being smoke free!

WAY TO GO ANGIE! I am so happy for you and for Shelly who has a chance now to not watch her mother die of smoking related disease. Touchy topic for me as I had to sit at my Mom's side and watch her die of lung cancer.

I quit smoking on Thanksgiving day, 1987, a month after my Mom died.

Now woman, you need to come down south here so I can give you a huge hug!!!!!
default_wub.png
:

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who have quit.

I did on 3-22-1996 but started back again after about six months. Then on 4-17-1999 I quit for good. The first time was after my mother died of cancer she was a heavy smoker up to about six months before she died. The second and final time I quit was after my very close friend died of cancer also. She was a very heavy smoker up to the day she died, and I decided I wanted to live long enough to see my grandchildren grow up and maybe get married.

My mother and friend could still be alive. My mom would be 84 and my friend would be 69 years old if they were still alive. My father died 11 months and 4 days after my mom of a broken heart.

congrats on a GREAT first anniversary... and congrats to all you other quitters as well. that is one of the few things where it is GOOD to be a quitter :aktion033:

as for me my dad smoked when i was growing up and i have hated it all my life so thank God i never started... and i have ragged on my kids and they all feel the same way. i used to tell them if i ever caught them with a cigarette i would cut off both their arms so they couldn't hold it - nice mom huh? well they knew i was kidding about actually cutting off their arms but they got the point.

Thank you all so much for the well wishes...congrats and all that good stuff. It is appreciated...My best wishes and good luck to any others who are trying to do this...Remember just one day at a time!

Happy Easter :aktion033:

I quit 2 years ago on Christmas . I woke up on Christmas morning and said that is what I want for Christmas. Just did it cold turkey. It was hard but after the 3rd week I never thought about it again. Best present I ever got!

Latest posts

Back