To all that have double K clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly at WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
Okay so after watching Kelly Roe and her assistant Katie clipping our horses with the double k clippers for our photo shoot, I was hooked. I bought us some double k clippers. They finally arrived today, YAY!!!

So my question is.............. Im not sure what setting I should use? Can someone please help me. I dont think I do a bad job at clipping with regular clippers, so I really dont want to screw up using these, lol.

PLEASE HELP~

Last edited by a moderator:
Im assuming you are asking about the speed dial. I generally start it out slower and increase the speed as necessary for how the hair is cutting. The duller the blades are the higher the speed will have to be too but then keep in mind that the blades will heat up faster when the speed is faster. If you start off with a new blade at high speed however I have heard that it can dull the blade faster so that is why I start slower. Hope this helps and I hope someone else chimes in if I said something wrong LOL!

Thanks Melinda. That helps. I forgot to say something to the ladies when they were here. I was just so amazed.

They are all new blades that I bought. So I will start slow. Again thanks

I start slow just because it's quieter but if the blades aren't cutting easily through clean hair I'll up the speed until they are. I love my Double K's! They let me clip a horse wet which saves both a tremendous amount of time and also keeps the blades cooler much longer on a hot day.

Leia

I mostly use mine at number four , that way they stay cool longer

Latest posts

Back