Tiny,Tiny,extraordinary,exceptional

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new_shocked.gif
Oh, Nicole, Simply Dazzling is just that.
new_shocked.gif
What a beautiful mare. Be sure to post pictures when that foal arrives.

Here is my guy. He is coming 2 and is 28.5.

chase.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]This is 4 year old 25" W W Heza Silver Star son of Multi National Champion 27" NFC's Quicksilver![/SIZE]

HezaStar.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]And this is 23" at 6 months WW Heza Silver Bullet (BB) son of 25" Heza Star and Grandson of Quicksilver![/SIZE]

MVC-005S.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a head hunter... I've got the heads, need the muscley bodies... Lol.. I'm actually a nose hunter. Does that sound wierd??? Where we purchased our first mini we saw a horse that was being boarded and it was a $300K horse, with a brother (repeat breeding) that was worth over seven digits. He had the nicest nose opening... It was very refined... I was in love.... he had the most gorgeous horse head I've ever seen. I wasn't introduced to this fine fellow, just informed that his stud fee was way more then I could ever afford... I believe it. They thought he'd go further then his brother, but had a leg fracture and so he was out of commission and not to happy about being stuck in his stall.. while the leg healed. Anyway, since then I've been checking out noses on horses.

Our little guy Tonto has a very very short head, great nose opening, big poppy eyes... but what do I know??? I'm a novice at this. I just know what I like. I guess I need to work with him and sweat him this spring if we are going to show him. He just has a hay belly... and a little neck. I guess if we work him a bit, clip his hairy body and let his grow his ooopsy forelocks back, maybe someone other then our family will love him too.. (at a horse show!)

We have three Rowdy grandsons... some Egyptian King in the background... We just purchased a very nice mare, that throws very very nice babies... fingers crossed for 2007!

God Bless,

Lynn W

brookhaven said:
Nicole...you forgot one...
Victor_buttshot2BEST.jpg

Jones Majestic Ultimate Victory, now proudly owned by Brookhaven!
aktion033.gif

523856[/snapback]

Oh Merry......are you kidding???? I could never forget Victory!!!!! But I wouldn't want to steal your glory and pretend like he's still mine. I mean, I would like to pretend like he's still mine and he still is ours at heart and always will be. Gosh, that's one special boy as I'm sure you've figured out by now.

Geez, he's gorgeous.................<heavy sigh> I love that head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aktion033.gif
Wow! These horses are gorgeous! I had such a great time looking at them. They could all make a wonderful book. Congratulations to all of you!

Joan

Here is Pizazz as a 2 year old. He is 4 now and 28'' (sorry if it's really big):

scan0002.jpg

I love this guys head
wub.gif

Just Spunky 28.75"

5013cebf.jpg

bf958c34.jpg

Eclipse has a pretty nice head too!
wub.gif

aa6b3cff.jpg

Eclipse 05 Filly SH Gorgeous Sunset Bay I love her head too!
wub.gif

Sunsethead8-5-053.jpg

Sunsethead8-5-056.jpg

I just realized I don't have any really good pics of my stallion Chips' head, but he had a nice head, and puts a nice head on all of his babies, gotta love that!!

Chips.head.8-6-03.jpg

Here are some of my mares:

Spring

Sprg.hd.gl.wb.7-04.jpg

Stormy, out of Spring, sired by Chips

Stormy.hd.clp.4-17-05.jpg

Crayonbox Chips Sunday Brunch "Sonny" owned by Gwen Semmens

out of Crystal sired by Chips

Sonny.hd.sm.jpg

Most of my horses have nice heads, I just don't have good pics of all of them. Guess I know now what I will be doing next spring!
smile.gif

I have always LOVED exotic heads on horses....and there are some awesome ones being posted here!
yes.gif

This is Mustardseed Legionaire's Destiny....our 27" stallion. He has a nice, tiny head (tho I wouldn't call it exotic)...just waiting to see what he throws when crossed with our Moonie daughters.

f10499f9.jpg

And here is Hemlock Brooks CockRobin who was the stallion we started out with back in 1989 when he was 11. These pictures show him at age 26. I love his head & he always threw tiny, gorgeous heads to all his foals.
wub.gif

f61ffb5d.jpg

f61ffb5f.jpg

Although I am not a head hunter, I want the entire package, I am very blessed to have some pretty headed horses. But these four fillies I think are very nice.

Villas Party Doll, love this mare, she is to me, a very beautiful mare.

partydoll.jpg

My next one is a filly we were blessed with being able to buy. She is the most unphotogenic horse I have ever owned, until these pictures.

Honeysuckle Knoll Sundances Analisa

analisasm.jpg

My last filly is really a treasure. She doesn't have the greatest head but her body and neck are awesome. I am very lucky to have her. She is also leading the AMHA Honor Roll in yearling mares 28 & under. She also just gave us our first open supreme while she was showing in FL.

LR Scouts Miss Image

littlemiss1sm.jpg

And my baby, Hearts. She should be a wonderful show filly next year.

heartsonfire.jpg

Great Topic! I know what you mean about head hunting. Im one of those too.
smile.gif

Heres mine:

rose.jpg

My other horse has a very pretty dishy head but I dont have a picture of him right now.

ooooh i love all the pretty horses, you all could have put together a calender, id have bought A LOT! LOL I CANT POST so ill just pretend that mine has the best head okay? well he has the biggest head as hes spoilt rotten lol just kidding, all your horses are gorgeous now i know why the judges have a hard time
wink.gif

Well though not a "head hunter" so to speak I LOVE a pretty head on a horse. I don't have to have what most people label as exterme or exotic heads as I am not fond of the big dish that most people label as that exotic look, I prefer a dish but a more subdued one, and then as Carl Mitz has said where do the teeth go in these heads/mouths? These mini house teeth much to the size size as their counterparts in a MUCH littler head and especially those tiny, tiny heads and teeny tiny muzzles, and then in return in trying to get that exotic tiniest head you possibly can you can really screw up the teeth. So my head of preference is a pretty one, dainy but not the tiniest possible, good shape and definition to it. Can't stand a straight head, or roman nose, or a blocky head with no shape.

I am a NECK person and can overlook a not perfect head (I can't stand an ugly head, but can deal with a not perfect) if it in a well set neck that comes out and UP of the shoulder good, gotta have that front in for me.

BigCityandBandito.jpg

f2fedc9f.jpg

f2fedca2.jpg

f34db556.jpg

f34db5ae.jpg

f46c9d6f.jpg

f52992c8.jpg

f8666f74.jpg

f840b2c9.jpg

Here is Indian Peaks Midnight Express taken this summer at age 4.

Express%2007032005.jpg

NV0220BodyWeb.jpg

Photo by J Hoch

This is our Stallion Cheval NV Me. His head is so small we had to have his bridle specially made and use a 3" bit. He is 33" tall.

mistyrose said:
NV0220BodyWeb.jpg
Photo by J Hoch

This is our Stallion Cheval NV Me. His head is so small we had to have his bridle specially made and use a 3" bit. He is 33" tall.

524172[/snapback]

mistyrose he is gorgeous!! and midnight express above has the best head and nostrils!!
yes.gif
Wow!! these pics are fab. thanks for sharing them with us!!!

I think/hope that I'm right that this thread is primarily about tiny heads, not just tiny horses.

Here are two of my favorites, taken early last Spring and quite wooly, but still very pretty:

High Tops Hannah - 32"

nash007004.jpg

and Gem Dandys TJ - 30"

nash007009.jpg

Latest posts

Back