Timmy and the snow cooties

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
We got snowed in last night! Schools were closed and roads were iced over.

About noon the snow was melting so it was time to let the horses out, but oopsie,

there was no way that Timmy was leaving the barn and stepping in that white stuff.

I seemed to have forgotten that this was Timmy's first time out in the snow!

I finally had to get a halter and rope on him and practically drag him out to stand in

it! He was not co-operating at all. He danced and pranced all around it, smelled it, till I

finally got him out there in it!

Then we practiced our "walkies" so he realized he wasn't going to sink only a couple of inches.

God love him. He's a corker.

I'm really cut out for this foaly stuff.

Oh by the way, he does not in no way have a ewe neck. Just all that fuzzy stuff!
default_yes.gif
:

snowday1.jpg

snowday2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OH! There you are Marty!

Timmy is beautiful!!!!

I will never forget how most of my babies look at their first snow. They see to always be amazed by the first snow flakes coming down. It is a delight to watch!

Hugs for Timmy!

Aw, poor Timmy, that cold white stuff can be scary! :bgrin

When we moved to Ky from CA in the middle of winter a couple of our horses had never seen snow. They all ran to the barn door and skidded to a stop and had no clue what to do! It's so fun to watch them the first time, trying to figure it all out! :lol:

Good luck Timmy!

:lol: He looks so apprehensive!! One time I let a filly out of her stall on the first snow...she went peeling out of the barn as usual full bore....Well, she came to the edge of the world (or so she thought) when she hit that snow and VOLUNTARILY sunk to the ground and lay there in total shock and disbelief. Youda thought the sky had fallen. It took her some time to come to her senses and get to her feet. Well then, taking a step in that was a whole 'nother story
default_wink.png
:

By the way, Marty, your new barn looks awesome...and big! And your Timmy looks like a really fun guy
default_yes.gif
:

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: Timmy is growing up!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Sooo cute! Thanks for sharing him!

I love having the camera in my hands the first time they are turned out in snow. Timmys really growing, isn't he, I can almost see his personality shining through!

:aktion033: He just gets cuter by the day!

I have one we will not go into the nasty white stuff. Just stands at the door and crys,,,,like that will help!

[SIZE=10pt]I had one filly, that always came running out of the barn...then when she ran out one morning and saw that snow.... :new_shocked: [/SIZE]

She made the most amazing jump...I can still see her flying thru the air...and when she landed stood stock still waiting for the white stuff to finish her off. It only took a few seconds to realize she would survive it..and then off she went again.

Well what will he do after tonight Marty? We are expecting 4-6" and we are about an hour NW of you. Mine acted like it was spring - running around and rolling in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back