Tie down straps where to put them

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New mini

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a cart with the pegs on the shafts. She is questioning where to put the tie down straps. Do they go in front or behind the pegs. I for some reason can not find the search area so can not find the answer there if this has been discussed

Thanks

Nancy

The tie down straps go where ever they need to go so that the traces are the proper length and the tugs are verticle. If the tug stops happen to be just behind the tugs, great. If not, move them or don't worry about them. The tug stops should never be in front of the tugs.

Not sure what others do, but I was taught to cross them, first wrapping in front of the peg, next wrapping behind the tug and peg, then buckling them so that the shafts are at the correct height and won't bounce.

If you do not have breeching you will want your tug loops in front of the pegs as they will secure the shafts to the harness so that they will act like the brakes. If your tug loops are behind the.posts it will negate that action and could allow the shafts to slip forward.

Latest posts

Back