Three days later, I have my kitchen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
They packed up and left today at 4pm. They even swept the floor and cleaned up. The cabinets are fastened to the floor and each other, the "chocolate" colored formica is all done so I have COUNTER TOPS!!!! He installed the sink too.

Now all we need to finish is:

1. plumbing the sink

2. 4 electrical outlets on the wall side and 2 on the island

3. finish off the back side of the island with "something".

4. hang the wall cabinets.

As soon as the electric and water are done I'm movin up! 20 yrs.
wacko.gif
10 yrs in the cellar!
ohmy.gif
Imagine how wonderful it will be to be able to look out a window anywhere I stand. To be able to see my furry kids all day, to cook and bake in my new home for the holidays.

Thank you God for hearing my prayers.

th_3008b04c.jpg
e9d107e0.jpg

th_0946d692.jpg
th_a503e21f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm....Debs I know you're happy about this but I'm a bit worried about you hanging from the rafters to take pictures- or did you just sort of float up there on a wave of happiness
rolleyes.gif
wacko.gif
yes.gif

No worries dear Jane, I simply walked up the stairs to the loft and leaned over! Ain't it COOL!
aktion033.gif

Oh yea! The electrician called just now and will be coming next week to wire it up!!!!

OMG..I am flying here!

WOW---I really like it!
yes.gif
It looks great. ...and just think you will be moving a "few" steps up in the world..to another level!
wink.gif
Corinne

Looking good!!
aktion033.gif
I can't imagine living in a cellar for 10 years. What a change this will be for you. Your gonna enjoy your new kitchen.
yes.gif

See Debi! Jerry told you that first guy was full of it with his $5500 and weeks to do it! The dirt ball.

Will you be UP there in time for Thanksgiving I hope?

Deb, I can soooo sympathize with you because you know how long I've been waiting to get in that new barn of mine. We're going to have one cozy winter, all of us FINALLY!

I showed the pics to Jerry and he says "yup, good"
biggrin.gif
Hey, atleast you didn't get the usual "grunt".......

Wow, that is beautiful. That is approaching MY dream kitchen!

You should see the dismal cave that IS my kitchen, instead. If there is more than one person at a time in this kitchen of mine, things start getting ugly! *LOL*

Congratulations!

Liz M.

It's gorgeous! I'm so jealous! Well, I will be until I get new countertops in my kitchen, anyway!

WOW - what a beautiful place, can't wait to see pics of it all decorated - I want to see rest of house too! I love the walls...are they pine?

When in Jr. high, one of my friends lived in their cellar while they built the rest of the house. When it was all done, it was very nice, plus they had an apartment in the basement....very nice for guests!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

Stunning and so warm with all the wonderful wood. You deserve this I am very happy for you!

Hugs

Bonnie

Looks beautiful!! Yummy chocolate counter tops!
yes.gif

Are you gonna do anything to the back of the island? It would look nice with beadboard on it.

I'm having a tough time coming up withwhat to put put on the back of the island. What's bead board? Sounds pretty. I've had lots of suggestions. Pine boards like the floor, metal panels, wainscoating.......I am SO open to suggestion.

Latest posts

Back