Thoughts and Prayers Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My sister that lives in Boston with her four daughters and husband has been suffering from ALS for the past 10+ years. For the past two or three years she has been completely immobile, unable to move anything except her eyes and mouth. She's had trouble swalllowing and breathing. Two nights ago she was admitted to the hospital in severe respiratory distress. She is on a ventilator and is sedated. They have since found a blood clot in her heart, her heart is failing. Needless to say, things are not looking good. They think she may have the flu (swine or other, they don't know yet). So she's on Tamiflu and antibiotics. We all knew this day would come, but it doesn't make it any easier. She's my big sis. My mom and dad have flown in yesterday and I'm going within the next day or two. Regardless of what happens, can you just give a thought/prayer that if she does pass on that she goes peacefully. Thanks....

Matthew

Update: Well everyone...your thoughts and prayers seem to be working. Thank You! They are going to try to remove the ventilator tube and perform a tracheotomy to attach that way (which she'll have from now on). She sems to be out of danger and slowly getting stronger.

P.S. It turns out it was Swine Flu. So, I'm glad she's getting better and glad I didn't end up going down...

Again, thank you so very much for all your beautiful messages...

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt....I'm so sorry. What a difficult thing to be be going thru for your sister, you and your family. Know that she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Hugs, too. Such a difficult time, my sympathies to you all. It is a blessing that your sister has such a caring family.

You wish your sister the best.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

I'm sorry to hear this Matt.......thoughts and prayers coming your way from here too, to all of her family and all of yours...

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

OH Matt,

I'm just so heartbroken. If your big sis is anything like you then she is a very kind, sweet soul. WIsh there was just something that I could do but if nothing else you, your sis and your family will be in my thoughts.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Matt --

I am keeping you, your sister and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I've lost 2 clients to ALS, one especially I was close to and I think of her every day. I just saw her husband yesterday and will see him and her sister (she was like a mom to her sister) tomorrow.

It is such a terrible disease, and I can only imagine more so in someone younger like your sister.

I'm just so sorry and my heart really goes out to you and your family.

Hugs,

Jill

So very sad Matt, I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt,

You are all most definitely in my thoughts and in my heart.

Speaking as one who lost her big sister (nine years ago on Oct. 1), I guarantee that no matter what, she will always be with you, right at your side when you need her.

Take care,

susanne

Matt-

I am so sorry about your sister. You, your sister and the rest of your family and friends are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Barbie

My thoughts are with you and your family.

ALS is such a cruel disease...I watched my Uncle's partner suffer and die from it.
default_no.gif

Matt my heart goes out to your family. I cant imagine the struggle your sis has lived with having ALS for so long...God love her. I lost my big sis, January 2005..just 6 mo after she was diagnosed with ALS. She flew through all the symptoms in the book. In that last stage...I didnt know whether to pray for her to get better....seeing her suffering...or to pray she pass on and be where there is no suffering....so I just prayed that God's will be done.

I pray for strength for your family and peace for your dear big sis.

May God Bless.

Connie

Matt my heart goes out to your family. I cant imagine the struggle your sis has lived with having ALS for so long...God love her. I lost my big sis, January 2005..just 6 mo after she was diagnosed with ALS. She flew through all the symptoms in the book. In that last stage...I didnt know whether to pray for her to get better....seeing her suffering...or to pray she pass on and be where there is no suffering....so I just prayed that God's will be done. I pray for strength for your family and peace for your dear big sis.

May God Bless.

Connie

Thanks so much everyone. I'm going to be sure to pass all these on to my brother in-law.

Connie, I'm so sorry about your sister. That's such an agressively short time (a good and/or a bad thing) I asked her when I was there in July, where she got the strength to hold on, that she was so very strong. She said that she's still here because of her girls: Elisabeth (17), Lindsay (16), Sarah (11), and Meaghan (9 and my God Daughter).

Here is a pic of her and I from when my father, his wife, my sis, her wife and boys, and I visited to celebrate my dad's 70th in July. I feel so thankful that we pulled that off for her and that we all got down for my dad and, especially, for her
default_wub.png

Laughing...(I think she had wine in there
default_wink.png
)

100_22901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry. It is indeed a cruel disease, I had two neighbors who lost their battle with it both within a year. {{Hugs}} to you and your family.

Jan

Latest posts

Back