Those that have moved into TX from another state?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I got the best birthday present ever....a job!

Now, life gets stressful and very busy.

When moving horses into TX, what all do you have to do? I know about coggins and stuff like that but do you just move onto the property? Life is good? Any suggestions or hints would be GREATLY appreciated.

Woo hoo, where will your job be? Have you settled on a place yet?

Jan

I do not know anything about TX sadly but I do want to say Congrats on your new job!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I had to giggle at your post, because my move is from Oregon to Florida with 3ish horses and while I think I am prepared, I keep coming up with new things I need to think about either before leaving or for when we 1st get there! It is a bit scary!
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new job.
default_aktion033.gif

As long as your new property doesn't have a deed restriction prohibiting/controlling livestock your good to move right in.

Good Luck & Welcome to Texas!
default_smile.png

We moved to TX from PA six years ago. Sharrway just backed the trailer up to the fields and we let everyone out. Llamas and Minis. When I brought my load down we did the same thing. Unloaded all the boys into their field and let'em run.

Of course, this was after all fences were checked and stuff.

You don't have to check in with the county or towns or anything like that, that *I* know of!

Lucy

Thanks everyone! I can't WAIT to get there.

I had a phone interview with Cabela's 2 weeks ago for footwear manager. Didn't really want another manager position but it would be a job. Didn't hear back so called them and told them what I really was interested in. About 2 hours later, the hunting manager called and said what he had was the NICS counter mentor. Exactly what I was doing at my last job. (running ATF forms for gun purchases).

I have to be there on Jun 30 for an "inperson" interview to make it official and sign background checks and drug tests. They want me there to start July 11 at this point. YIKES! It's gonna happen fast!

Jan, if you know of any place to "store" about 17 horses let me know! Hubby won't be able to come right away and he doesn't like caring for the horses. Hopefully we can find a place soon and move right in.

We're looking at Lufkin, Lulling, Bastrop, Smithville......that area.

Welcome to Texas. Luling, Bastrop and Smithville I can see but Lufkin is way far away up in East Texas. Did you mean Lockhart. Thats where the Plum Creek CDE is held.

Welcome to Texas. Luling, Bastrop and Smithville I can see but Lufkin is way far away up in East Texas. Did you mean Lockhart. Thats where the Plum Creek CDE is held.

OOPS! YUP! I meant Lockhart! Thanks Al. Plum Creek is also a shooting range
biggrin.gif

I moved to central TX from VA last November. I am still trying to get everything settled and my horses out here though. I have 2 still in NC with a good friend.

Congratulations, sounds like things are moving fast! Email me [email protected], I might be able to help you with storing at least a few mares.
default_smile.png
You'll only be about an hour from us in the area you mentioned.

Jan

Latest posts

Back