Those of you with small not fancy, or fixer upper trailers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my trailer, its a diamond in the rough, but was affordable. Needs some rust dealth with, but its surface rust and light bubbling, I'll need to do some mini converting, and some other stuff, but its useable until I save up for the aluminum trailer with a big dressing room that I want. Lights and brakes work, tires are good.

355648130.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this 2 years ago for 1900.00

before

trailer3.jpg

and took it to my dads after I sanded and painted my butt off

After painting

newtrailer.jpg

After my dad redid inside - tung and groove on walls / still needs work and trying to figure out how to raise the front - seems even tied my guy jumped into the front and had to get him out through the side door / dad made it to low.Plus when driving I also found that the top back doors make one heck of a noise so I have to figure out how to make them quieter

withheadboardup.jpg

This summer will be getting breaks put in and have the tires and axels checked since we have not used it much

Not to jump on the topic but if anyone has any ideas for me just add or email
default_smile.png

Since the doors are just too short, maybe your dad could add a top door like a dutch door of expanded metal mesh that would open and close and also be locked into the bottom door when in use with hinges and a latch just like the bottom door. Your horse could see through it but would be contained.

I would try weatherstripping around the back door to cut down on the rattle. Just have to figure out where it is rattleling and see if it would help.

LBquackers, did you buy your trailer pads, or make them? Ive never seen them that wide, but would love wider padding like that.

If you made them, what materials did you use, and how did you do it.

I have the basic idea on how to do it, but the best materials to use etc would be beneficial to you.

mydaddysjag - they are a type of polystyrene foam It comes in squares and each one interlocks in to the other , I bought them at Rona building supplies even seen them in canadian tire but they have different kids color ones -here is a link

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_...D=1235353533926

Called kids reversable tiles ,

Canadian tire might have black ones not sure,all I did was found some really thin plywood and cut it to the measurements of 1 stall and glued each square down and repeated it for the second one.This way if it needed a cleaning I just slide it out and take a hose to it and let dry outside. I even used them in the entrance way to my house except they are not glued down there.Really easy to keep clean and the dirt stays there and not tracked through the house from the kids and animals.

Latest posts

Back