Those of us over 50...the dreaded COLONOSCOPY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found this thread and read thru it. My mom was diagnosed last June with colon cancer.
I'm very sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. I know first hand how it feels. My mom, also from Oregon, had a similar diagnosis. She has surgery at St. Vincents performed by their head surgeon. When he went in he removed what he could ( a tumor the size of a large grapefruit and 2 feet of intestines) but he said it had spread. He told me mom to get her things in order and he gave her less than 6 months
default_sad.png
There was nothing else they could do for her and recommended no chemo as it wouldn't extend her time because of how late stage the cancer was. She had a second opinion, she got the same prognosis, she had just months to live.

Is your mom a fighter? Does she want to beat this or is she resigned to what the outcome may be? There is a reason I ask this - but it takes 100% commitment,

My mom immediately changed her diet. Japanese macrobiotics. No processed foods, no red meats, no tinned food, lots of cruciferous veggies, juicing twice a day, no introduced sugars etc. Basically she fed her own immune system everything it needed to perform optimally and removed everything that kept it busy doing stuff other than fight cancer.

That was 18 1/2 years ago. Not only is she 100% cancer free but at 78 years of age she is one of the healthiest people I've ever met (I got an email from her this morning - she's sailing a Catamaran around Tortola in the British Virgin Islands lol)

ozymandias, good for your mom! When my mom was diagnosed with cancer I was scoffed at by both my dad and her for trying to get her to change her diet, beginning with using stevia as a replacement for sugar and artificial sweetners. I spent my own money taking all sorts of cancer fighting herbs and supplements to her. I always had a herb garden and it seems certain family members just wanted to jump on board to make fun of me for growing herbs. So one year I grew a rather nice vegetable garden and still I was ridiculed .Ironically, even tried to get my mom to go to an iridologist a few years before she even knew she was ill. I knew she was ill...I knew I was going to lose her. I will not even attempt to explain how I knew it, but I did.

I repeat "good for your mom."

Just wanted to add that when I started this thread I made mention how much I really like my gastroenterologist. NOW that I have learned he was actually let go from the group of professionals he was associated with and that he does not even have access to patients' medical records and WHY all of this happened I will actually be using another doctor. Even though I "do like him" in light of things I have learned it seems one of his former associates will actually be treating me instead.
default_no.gif

Thanks Vickie.

It takes a lot of commitment to change your lifestyle that drastically, that fast but she did. I'm sorry your family made fun of you but good for you for trying. After all, 99% of the pharmaceuticals we have access to are plant derived or synthetic plant derivatives.

Sorry to hear about your Gastro but happy your found out whatever you did BEFORE he did your colonoscopy!

Latest posts

Back