This is why I'm stuck at the house.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Gosh, I hope these pictures load. I finally got the camera out and took some pictures of the ice. It is so slick, hubby has fallen twice already. (I'm much too careful plus I don't refuse to wear my thick soled boots outside...ahem). I fear we have lost quite a few trees, some have fallen over completely and some have just split due to the weight of the ice. While our street looks passable, our driveway certainly is not. It's a sheet of ice and is pretty steep so we can't go anywhere. Sigh. And for some reason, whenever it gets really cold like this I really crave Chinese food. I keep seeing myself in front of our favorite Chinese buffet place. Oh man....makes me hungry just thinking about it.

ice storm february 2014 002.JPG

ice storm february 2014 004.JPG

ice storm february 2014 013.JPG

ice storm february 2014 014.JPG

ice storm february 2014 008.JPG

I love the look of ice on trees but I DO NOT envy those who live in the areas that do that very often!!! Boarding school in Va was enough to make me see that I am definitely a warm weather type of person.

So sorry you are having to deal with ice.IMO it is FAR worse than snow.We had a terrible ice storm in 1992-so bad our town was closed down.They were using snow plows to push tree limbs off streets for emergency crews to get through to our hospital.Hospital had generator power so they were command central for crews for eating and sleeping.Many of my neighbors had no power for 10 days(we had none for 3 or 4 days) and dairy farmers were milking cows and dumping milk on the ground.It looked like our town had been bombed.Snow is bad but ice is far worse.Hope things get better for you soon.

I feel for you ! I don't know how people can live in weather like that, especially if you live paycheck to paycheck and can't get to work.

As one stuck on crutches now- I DEFINITELY feel for anyone that has that ice. At least I can walk (very carefully) through some snow on crutches, ice?-no way! We had an ice storm one year. It was horrid. Like you said, driveway just a sheet like a mirror, tree limbs breaking off, electric, etc. That was the year my husband bought a small gas generator too for 'just in case'.

And, as if things weren't bad enough, it snowed last night. Now I can't even FIND my driveway, let alone try to drive down it. Sigh.

I know it's hazardous, but it sure is pretty. I love those ice covered pics!

Latest posts

Back