THIS is what I've been up to lately.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
Homework, homework and MORE homework!!  These are just the ones I have photos of......believe me, there's LOTS more!!

This project I'm particularly proud of.  I've never sculpted anything really (at least nothing that resembled anything as my 3D class required all nonrepresentational sculptures).  This is my "Jack-@$$-in-the-Box"  (yes, that's exactly what the project was called and I chose to sculpt Kim Jong Il)  He was sculpted using Sculpy, the box is made of wood (yep, I made it all), the crank actually turns (but doesn't do anything else) and his glasses are made of.......ShrinkyDink & wire.  His arms are attached w/springs (the sleeves are cloth so the arms can bobble) and his entire torso is attached to the box with a spring.  He's been hand-painted and clear-coated.

288874323.jpg
288874315.jpg

This is a 12"x12" gouache sketch of a still-life.  It was for a color class and is supposed to be a "dominant color" painting (tho' in a photo you can't see the blue/violet in the shadows etc).

288874319.jpg

This one is prismacolor on paper.  I just finished it last night.  It's a "master study" of a work by Maurice Sendak.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a decent photo of it.

289011356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Dang lady that is some talent.......

I love your jack___ in the box
default_biggrin.png
reminds me of puppet classes I took long ago
default_biggrin.png
yours is way better than mine ever hoped to be
default_wink.png

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very impressed!!!!!!!!!!! You have got a lot of artistic ability!!!!!!!!!!

I love what you've shared with us
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Thanks guys.

I did replace the photo of the rooster with a slightly better one. Still not great, but at least it's a bit more representational.

Those are truly amazing!! You are incredibly talented! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the "Jack***-In-The-Box". My hubby liked it too.
default_biggrin.png
)

(Where is Orangeville, MI? I'm originally from MI--Dearborn area, outside of Detroit.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are truly amazing!! You are incredibly talented! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the "Jack***-In-The-Box". My hubby liked it too.
default_biggrin.png
)

(Where is Orangeville, MI? I'm originally from MI--Dearborn area, outside of Detroit.)
Orangeville is about halfway between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.

I'm originally from Swartz Creek/Durand (between Owosso and Flint)

Latest posts

Back