this is so funny had to share with my forum buddies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As funny as it is to discuss the mean things to do, I agree that you should present CMHR in the best possible light, and demonstrate responsible horse ownership in its truest, most honest sense.

A simple but funny thing is great, but not making the proper care of animals sound disgusting. What good would it do to humiliate the woman?

What if she were to work with Fran or someone in caring for a recently rescued horse...show the neglect that the horse has suffered and show this woman what needs to be done to rehabilitate him or her? This is an unbelievable opportunity to show the world what kindand responsible treatment of animals is all about!

It would be great if this woman were to see some of what horses go through and how cruel people can be, and how important humane treatment of animals.

Kaykay, this is such a great opportunity for CMHR, and a fun, short adventure for you. Go for it, and have a blast!

hi all

i went and ahead and emailed them saying we would go for it!!! also sent my families biography etc. So now well just wait and see what they say. I feel sure they will put us thru another screening or something. If Fran wasnt just minutes away i couldnt do this but I feel good about it with her so close. Susanne I too think its a great opportunity to show how great these little horses are and what they are about and how to care for them and get cmhr name out there.

I really do think it will be fun too but I have to say I am nervous about the whole world seeing my life LOL.

I was talking to my daughter who lives in Illinois and I said "they probably wont pick us because were too normal" she just died laughing and said "mom theres nothing normal about our family" LOL. I guess normal means diff things to diff people. Seems normal to me to have 3 dogs in bed, kids in and out of the house all day and hay constantly in my bra
default_smile.png

I haven't read all replies, but for me,,,,,,,,one word!

Editing!!!!!!

You are switched for a week,,,,,,,,,the show is an hour,,,,,,,,your family gets half of that,,,,,,,so you may be on 1/2 hour minus commercials,,,,,,so 20 some odd minutes.

Have you ever seen one of those shows where someone was nice and easy going through the entire show? Of course not, nice doesn't get viewers.

So you may only have a bad hour the entire week, and that bad time is all we would see of you. You may come across as someone you are not. And if the other person does not agree with how your house hold is ran, runs it the way they think it should be done and it comes across on the show as a more right way, then her half hour can make you look bad too.

And there is no guarantee that the horses or CMHR would ever be mentioned. There was a show with a lady with tons of animals and they were talked about during the show for about 1 minute, and never shown.

Just thoughts the other way,,,,,,,,,,,I have no real opinion as to if you should or shouldn't do it. Just the other side.

Kay just think of the wonderful opportunity to promote the miniature horses and rescue!

Heck, another board member and I were talking about other ways to market minis to non mini people and we thought 'product placement' had merit!

Then to come home from the Julep Cup and there you are, product placement!! :aktion033: You go girl!

You're a brave lady Kay, I could never do it. Leave my mini kids? :new_shocked: Gosh I just couldn't but that's me. Hiding in the hollow safe and happy.

frankie i hear what your saying. but they are speficially looking for a family that does animal rescue so I do think that is part of the show since that is what they were looking for. I do remember someone on there with an alpaca farm and they did show them. My full time job is caring for the kids and animals and being president of CMHR. so that is what she will have to do at least for the 1st 3 days.

Im pretty confident in how this house and farm runs or I wouldnt consider it
default_smile.png
For sure there is no perfect family but I feel Ive raised my kids right and they can handle themselves appropriately.

We havent made it yet so this could be for nothing lol

Just want to be clear I was NOT being discouraging,,,,,,,,only bringing another thought :bgrin

How exciting for you!

I just back back from a week at our cabin with 4 boys (under10) - no power and no tv and 90+ degree temps - I'll trade with you :p

Oh Kaykay, what an ADVENTURE and experience it would be, good or bad!!! Just remember - it is for a short time and just a temporary thing. Also, as far as the horses go, you would be gone but your kids and hubby would be there as backup.

I think it would be SO MUCH FUN, and lastly, yes, it may be a nice donation for the Rescue, exposure for them too and for the breed. And for 'farm life'!!!

I have seen several of the shows, and some are pretty danged funny. The recorded sessions COULD BE things like sheath cleaning, cleaning stalls, taking care of needy horses, etc.... it doesnt have to be some screaming idiot...

I hope you get it and absolutely it will be a HIGHLY VIEWED show!! Shucks Kaykay, you could boost their ratings! :aktion033:

Inquiring minds want to know what they will be having KAY doing??????? Probably driving a school bus with 150 kids!!! or maybe hosting a black tie dinner!!! or...or....or LOL

Ginny StP

Hmmm, a black tie affair in MUCK BOOTS??? LOL, seriously, Kay, what a wonderful adventure. I say GO 4 IT!! I'll watch.
default_yes.gif
:

Jodi

LOL ginny NOOOOOOOOOOOO. or can you just see me going to lunch with the ladies?? LOL. like i said paddock boots better be acceptable everywhere.

Still no word since i emailed the family biography to them. Ill let you know if i hear something!

Kay i think you would do fine
default_smile.png

Its the experience of a lifetime, you may not be a happy camper lol but its the experience that counts
default_yes.gif
:.

I agree though, as fun as it would be to see the sheath cleaning lol ...it would be important to advertize the breed and CMHR. So much good could come out of this and i'm sure people would get involved in CMHR (even big horse people who if they see the show) and it would offer allot of nice homes for all these new rescues you guys have taken in this year or it could even help some people get some Mini's out of bad situations.

I will deffently have my butt parked infront of the TV, Make sure you guys get a video of the eppy ...kyles got to have something to show his children and grandchildren years down the road ...lol
default_smile.png

Oh, I am sure everyone will treat whomever switched with Kay in a kind and respectful manner. I think this is a great opprotunity for the whole family. Kay has a great personality so I am sure she will make the best of it where ever she goes.

Fran

Latest posts

Back