this is hard to watch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score

This is one of the many side effect of Fluphenazine - which is used as a calming agent in horses. He was given 5 cc's when he should not have been given more than 2 cc's. This was an injection given by a vet. This video was taken after 5 days of these seizures - only being able to be controled by

unfortunately the vet still has her license and is still giving this shot to horses. I pray this doesnt happen again but this vet is one that I will never trust!! The owner paid all expenses for me - guess he figured it would save a lawsuit or something. I have never given the vet's name - but when people tell me they use her I tell them what happened. I know she didnt mean to hurt him - but she is the prof. not me and should know more of what she is doing

Kopes18

He spends his days running around a 600 acre pasture with about 15 other horses, he will spend the rest of his days being loved and having a great life. I think the vet realized she screwed up and payed all my expenses - doesnt take away the pain but saved her from a law suit I guess. I pray that this video will help even 1 person and 1 horse not to go through what we did. I love my horses like my family and would never want to see this again - no matter who it is!

Kopes18

He is doing great now - you would never know he had gone through this. It brough us closer than ever before. He is doing really well though.

Kopes18

Last edited by a moderator:
POOR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_no.gif
default_sad.png
default_no.gif

Wow, that was terrible, I can't imagine 5 days of that
default_no.gif
I'm surprised they didn't have him in a padded stall (maybe it was and I couldn't tell). Amazing he recovered.

Did is say anywhere why he was given this stuff in the first place..? Calming for what?? Poor thing was acting like he was on

one bad trip..

omg that was heartbreaking to watch , poor baby ! Im relieved to hear hes better now

That was pretty scary poor thing. I'm glad to hear that hes doing better though
default_sad.png
I too am curious as to why he was being given the drug when it can have such bad side affects.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back