This is going to be personal, but I have no one

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for thinking of me!!! This week has been somewhat better then last week, but I've still had some times where I broke down and lost it. Been doing alot of objective thinking when the emotions don't butt in. I really think this break up will be best for both of us. Looking back over the years, Allen & I loved each other, but never truly loved each other in the way soul mates or spouses should love each other. We have affection for each other due to our long history together, but no passionate love for each other if that makes sense? I made a list of all the things I felt Allen had done wrong during the marriage (in my opinion). In reviewing the list, I've come to the conclusion that the man is unable to emotionally connect with me or possibly anyone. He has never been there emotionally for me or his children. He's told me many, many times throughout the years that this is who he is and he cannot change. I know he's cared for me, but as I read through the list I realize how many times throughout the years when he wasn't there for me or our children. He just wasn't there for any of the milestones in our lives or even for the day to day stuff. I did it all in taking care of the children and the house. I'm the one who was there when the kids had a school function or when they needed a hug. I dealt with unforseen situations when they came up alone. When the kids or I were sad, we were never given hugs or encouragement. Honestly, even though we've been married going on 18 years, I was alone and lonely the entire time. Yes, he was definitely there when things needed doing.....hay, fence, fixing stuff, but he was never there emotionally for me. I equated him doing stuff for me and our home as how he expressed his love. He is not someone I would ever go to to talk about my problems or feelings and he never talked about his feelings ever. He never touched me casually, no hugs, no kisses just because, no hand holding. I am a physical person and tried for the longest time to reach out for him, but when it wasn't returned, eventually gave up. He never enjoyed my company, wasn't happy to see me or the kids at the end of the day, we did very, very little together and rarely went out socially. We were basically roommates through the years. There just wasn't an emotional attachment between the 2 of us. My daughters have suffered and feel that he doesn't love them or care for them. I'm just so sorry that my eyes were closed for so long and didn't realize how much they needed their father's love and attention and how much they were suffering for not receiving it. He was here physically, but not here for us, if that makes sense. He's really a very good person inside, but is unable to let that wonderful person come out. At least to me. I really truly think that he will be unable to let it out for anyone. Maybe if he got professional help he could possibly one day be able to connect with someone, but don't think he will ever be able to do it on his own. He's told me that he's not "in love" with me and feels that he is unable to be "in love" with anyone. Looking back through the years, I believe that. He was very good to me, dependable and trustworthy, but there was a huge chunk of what a marriage should be that was missing between us.

So....it's best that he leaves.....for both of us. I admire his courage for realizing that even though we have all these years together, we were never truly happy together. I have pledged to overcome any fear I have of the future alone as I have always been truly alone anyway. There was just another body in the house. I keep telling myself that I've been strong all these years and will be strong going forward. There really won't be much difference in him being here or being gone. We talked the other night. He has committed to doing things around the house before he leaves. Alot of these things need to be done outside and it's just too cold right now and they can only be done during weekends anyway. Told him he could go ahead and leave when he wants. He doesn't have to wait til spring. He said he would think about it. He has arranged to stay with a single man he works with who lives about 10-15 minutes away. He said he wanted to be close in case we need anything. I would prefer that he just go and start his new life. I hope in time that he realizes what he has thrown away and regrets it. I will never take him back unless he came back a changed man. Through all this, I have realized what was lacking in our relationship and have determined that I would rather have no man at all then what he & I had together. I am hoping to one day (way in the future!) to find a man who loves me totally. Who wants to be with me and enjoys my company. Who accepts me as I am and loves me anyway. If I never find that man, that will be ok too. I can't be any lonelier alone then I was the past 19 years. Just to let you know.....I absolutely do NOT blame all this on Allen. There is plenty of guilt and regret riding in a pack on my back too. My main failing, I feel, is that he told me time & time again that he is who he is and was unable to change. I accepted that and never really pushed for change. I loved the wonderful soul he is inside and adapted to the rest. I honestly do not feel that we can truly change anyone. Either we accept them as is, or we determine we can't accept them and move on. It's an absolute waste of time to try to mold someone into what you think or feel they should be. They are what they are!!

Anyway.......My daughter and I did join the gym that's nearby this week. We went to a step aerobics class that enforced how truly old and out of shape I am. I made it through the class and was just happy not to have a coronary!!! I have lost 11 pounds so far. Still watching what I eat and working on the ab lounge everyday. I am going to Lowes today to look at paint for the kitchen and try to pick out a new floor. Allen has asked a friend to help him put down the new floor in the kitchen and possibly a new floor in the main bathroom too. Need to get the kitchen painted before the floor can be put in as I'm not the best painter!!!

I feel that I'm going to be ok. Might even be better alone. When you're alone without your spouse, you don't have to waste all that time wishing & hoping for someone to give you the love you need when they are incapable of doing so. I wish Allen the best and hopes he find the happiness he seeks. I feel that he won't find it until he works on himself and finds happiness within himself first. Don't know if he will ever figure that out or not, but there is nothing I can do for him in that regard.

Thank you for thinking of me and checking in with me!!! Things are getting better with me and I have hope that the future will be even better!!!!

Kim you said several things in your last post that I was glad to read. Hang in there. It's tough but I found that it's easier to be lonely when you're alone than it is to be lonely when you're with someone. And "alone" doesn't necessarily mean "lonely". I wish all of you the best with whatever the future holds.

I am happy that things are going well for you. It sounds like you have done alot of soul searching, and came up with a plan. Your last post was very insightful, glad you have the strength to move forward. I wish the very best for you and your girls. The months ahead will be hard, but you can pull through them. Remember, we are here when you need us.

Kelly

I am arriving a little late on this but I just wanted to say that I am really sorry that all this had to happen to you. It makes me very sad and I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel. I'm so happy that you have the forum to come to for support. From reading all your posts I can tell that you are going to be just fine, no matter what the outcome
default_yes.gif

Life is so hard. I hope you stay strong, and one of my favorite quotes is, "and this too shall pass"

I wish I were closer to you I know I would give you a big hug and just listen to ya. Seems to help me when I am feeling down. I wish could offers words of advice other than what everyone else has said but I must say they have pretty much taken care of saying it all. I am if you need someone to just vent to. I know that helps sometimes too. feel free to pm me
default_smile.png

My heart goes out to you!!!

It seems so unfair for you to be going through such a shocking time, ESPECIALLY if there was no fighting ... not ugliness. Life just throws these things at you when you least expect it?

I see from all the posts to your message that you are supported and warmly hugged....

I sincerely hope that your days bring you peace and happiness.

If you need to talk, just let me know. (I have had my share of 'surprises')

I have no friends. I've worked from home for the last almost 10 years and I have no people close to me to talk to. My mother has passed away, so don't have her either. So, wonderful forum members, my only family, I am coming to you with my troubles.

So.......my husband of 17.5 years has told me that he no longer loves me and hasn't loved me for a long time. He cares about me, but isn't "in love" with me. He says he isn't happy and wants to move on. He says there is no one else and that he doesn't feel he is capable of being "in love" with anyone. He wants to be on his own with no one to "report" to. He's always been since I've known him, very closed up with his feelings. Non-demonstrative & closed up with his feelings. So, this has come as a total shock to me. He says he's not happy. We went through an awful lot in 07. He had a heart attack a year ago, my oldest daughter's legal problems & drug problems. 07 was a really bad year and I had really hoped that 08 would be better. Guess not!! It's an awful feeling to be told that you are no longer loved. I always thought that down deep he loved me. Now he's saying that after all these years that he's never felt "in love" with me. We're both 47 years old. Mid-life crisis maybe??

I don't know what to do. I've never been alone. This is all extremely fresh as he told me this on the phone at 6:00 this morning. My initial thoughts are that we will have to get this place ready for sale, sell the horses and find somewhere else to live. We've lived here for 9 years and there's alot that will need to be done to get it ready to put on the market. There's no way I can continue to support it by myself. Financially, I could maybe swing it, but I've depended on him for long time to do stuff......make hay, deliver hay, fix fence, etc. You all live on farms & know all that needs doing. I think the thing I will miss the most is the barn that Allen built for me. I always thought of that as the ultimate way for someone to show his love for me. Maybe that seems silly, but all the work he put into it building it by himself always amazed me.

I'm in shock!!! How do you deal with someone telling you after 18 years together (17 married) that he no longer loves you. I really need a hug!! I really need someone here for me. But there is no one. My reality has completely shifted, my world has come to an end.

He said he will help get the house ready for sale. He doesn't want this to get ugly and for the sake of my kids, neither do I. We need to sit down & figure out the bills and stuff. We bought him an 06 Dodge 3500 dually truck with a Hemi this past summer. Really nice truck with only 6000 miles on it when we bought it. Big & black with all the bells & whistles. I really wanted him to have it as he hasn't had much in his life. I think he's going to have to sell it. Don't know if he will be able to make payments on it without my income.

I don't know what to do!!! My life as I knew it has come to an end!!! Our marriage wasn't perfect, but there was no fighting, no ugliness. He has just decided that he no longer loves me or wants me. Doesn't want to stay here and live a lie. At 47 years old, I will be on my own and alone. I don't know how to deal with that. It just hurts so much!!
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Thank you for reading this! I really appreciate it very much.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back