This is going to be a hard day for me.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Betsy, beautiful song. Think of all the great times you had with your Dad, you were so very lucky to have had those. It will help you get thru today. I know its going to be hard on you but all your wonderful memories, like this song, will be there forever for you too hold on too.

Corinne

My Dads birthday was April 3rd. His anniversary of his death is June 17th. He was killed in 1978. I do not miss him any less. On July 17, 1978 the parrot he had given me for Christmas died for no reason. On a lighter note June 17, 2006 our first mini foal was born and then on July 17,2007 our second mini foal was born. Funny how the dates keep coming around with new events. I really hate it when people say it will get better. It never does it just changes. I think it is cool you can take your memories and put them into works of art like that.

Dear Betsy,

I am sorry for your loss.
default_wub.png
Any anniversary of important dates is hard. I wish I had magic words to stop the hurt. But just words from anyone can't do that.

I think it is something we just have to get through. Birthdays, holidays are tough. I know for me it would help if there was somebody I could talk to about him. It makes other people uncomfortable tho.So what I have done is set aside some time at the end of the day and just talk to him. Feel my feelings and cry as much as I want to.

There are so many times you get a shot to the heart during the day? For me it's when I see a piece of heavy equipment go by. Or walk into the men's section of a store.

Does this happen to you?

Feel free to email me and I will give you my phone number if you want to talk about your dad, I would love to hear about him.

Hugs

Bonnie

It's good to listen to the songs and read the messages..........and cry........

Both my mother and dad passed at this time of the year, but several years apart. But every year I get melancholy around their dates of passing. That doesn't go away with time.

Betsy, treasure those memories and allow the tears..........and KNOW your father is close, especially during those special dates you two share.

Back