This has not been a good year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So very sorry - this has been a tough year on a lot of us. Blessings to you for not making your dear girl suffer any more.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I am as tired as can been and my heart just aches.

The nice thing is the vet was wonderful. She gave me time to say goodbye to the mare, give her some treats and love on her and tell her how sorry I was. Then after it was done, she hugged me and let me cry on her shoulder. Then she stayed with me for another 30 minutes till I was handling it better.

Since I have been breeding for many years, horses and dogs, (over 40 years) you would think I could get used to it.
default_sad.png

I have so much respect for you and your program; it's always hard to accept that such bad things can happen to such good people. My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry about the loss of your mare and foal. I know first-hand how traumatic this is and now I feel as long as the mare is okay then the loss of a foal is sad but I can handle it. Hugs to you and I read your other post about moving to Florida and after the winter(s) you've had, I think it's a good move. Not only will you have nicer weather but you have family there and 'aint nothing better than family'.

So very very sorry for the loss of your mare and foal...l know it hurts something awful just loosing a foal and we sometimes know to expect those losses but when it's also the loss of the mare to me it just seems to hurt a hundred times more because we already knew them and what they were like..again sorry.

I am so very sorry for your double loss. My heart goes out to you. This has to be very breeder's worst nightmare.

Oh Lord.......I hate reading or hearing this kind of news because my heart goes out to you.....I know the pain - or I should say, WE know the pain. This is something I wouldn't ever wish for anyone to experience. Blessings........Ma---

{{{{ hugs }}}}

I'm so sorry for double loss today
no.gif

I am so sorry Riverdance. I lost a goat kid to almost the Exact same dystocia last Sat. We ended up doing a c-section to save the doe (she's my favorite) but it was so hard to lose that kid. She did have one teensy buckling, and he's doing fantastic.

*hugs* to you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
It's hard enough when we lose a foal, but when we lose the mare it's so much more heartbreaking. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Latest posts

Back