This color stuff is too hard

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
As hard as I try, I can't understand all these big A's and little A's and all that other stuff. I have been trying for years to figure out what to put down on papers. To me a horse is what ever color it looks like.

Well, the other day my sister was here trying to help me do some house painting, before the holidays. I was telling her that I had to get all these 05 foals registered, but I always had trouble figuring out what color I was supposed to call them.

Anyway she whips out her MarthaColor Chart and off to the barn we go. It was wonderful. I know that the office is not going to accept Brick Path A03 as a color, but that is what color the filly we matched was. So if anyone wants to know what color a horse of mine is, just go the the KMart and pick up a Martha Paint Chart and I can give you almost a dead on match. George is Sandcastle H08 now, but I think he will be Ironstone White H31 in the spring. Oh, that Martha. Happy Holidays

LaVern said:
As hard as I try, I can't understand all these big A's and little A's and all that other stuff....  So if anyone wants to know what color a horse of mine is, just go the the KMart and pick up a Martha Paint Chart and I can give you almost a dead on match. George is Sandcastle H08 now, but I think he will be Ironstone White H31 in the spring.  Oh, that Martha.  Happy Holidays

507486[/snapback]

Might be fun and interesting, but a total waste of time as far as registering or explaining to anyone interested in the possible results of breeding certain horses.

Oh, yes, I don't think even Martha has that all down, but at least now when someone says what color is your horse I can give them a pretty close discription, As far as what color the offspring are going to be, I'll be there with my color chart next spring. I love the fun a surprises. Renee

Very funny!!! LOL Sounds exactly like what my non-horsey sister would do. Except that she doesn't like getting that close to the horses!!

No K-Mart close by .... can you run out to Ace Hardware and get their color charts too?
biggrin.gif

So what color would Robby (the stallion...not the mare) be?? Am convinced that would be the best cross with my one weird-colored Ramundo girl.

Well I took my chart out and It was real close between Yarrow E08 and Aquilegia E09. Couse it was kind of dark in the barn and Martha always says you need to look at colors in the natural sunlight. Bring on that mare I'm thinking we will get a Himalayan Paw E07. LaVern

Oh I don't know about Ace Hardware. You know how I feel about Martha, and what confidence I have in her choice of color names.

Latest posts

Back