Thinking about doing draft harness next year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunraye Miniatures

Reaction score
I have a horse who just loves to drive. However I haven't been showing him in driving because I just don't think he has the action to be a real successful driving horse. His gait is short and choppy. He is also stocky built. Would he make a good draft horse?

This horse is the one that I am also currenty training for obstacle driving and the only thing we had trouble with was the piviots and he has them down flat now.

Also draft harness is it just like regular driving if you do it single? I am defintelly not thinking about doing teams right now lol.

Thanks

I don't drive in shows.

But Maggie is trained to do scaled down size Draft work at the Farm.

That sounds like fun, and yes draft harness is the same as regular harness if you drive single. Here is a picture of my draft harness setup on my mini. I'm working on a double right now. I used to drive teams, then sold them and bought this little guy. I've had him two years and just today sealed the deal on his new driving partner. I'll post pictures of his new buddy as soon as I can. Anyway good luck with your driving and be sure to have fun
wink.gif

maverickwagon.gif

Back