Things are looking up for the new year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
First and foremost I would like to thank everyone who prayed for my Husband and I. Something must be working, because things are starting to look up a little.

I was finally able to speak with my landlord and after telling them I wanted my $900 security deposit, plus an additional $900 (because in PA if they don't return it within 30 days double the amount of the deposit is due) I was sent a money order for $900. I wish they would have sent the $1800, but I cant afford an attorney and since they at least did return my security deposit (2 months from the date I moved out, so a month late) I don't know for sure that a judge will make them pay the rest.

I just got a job. Not a good job, pays just a little over minimum wage because I will be working the closing shift, so I wont get out until 1:30 am, and it is at Wendys fast food restaurant, but a job is a job, and we think hubby is getting laid off soon. He was hired as seasonal help in a clothing store in the mall, and was getting around 12 hours a week. The downfall is I had to spend $70 this evening purchasing the required clothing for my new job, since everything I owned that was in the dress code no longer fit me.

My electric company sent me a $51 refund check from when I was renting my house. I had called them and argued with them MONTHS ago because I felt I was over charged, and they wouldn't look into it. I guess they just looked into it, since I got a check.

My car is still on the verge of un-drivable. Honestly, we really shouldn't be driving it, but have no other way to work. With the $900 we got back from our security deposit we are going to get the things fixed. My step dad and hubby are going to fix what they can, a family friend works at advanced auto and will get me a discount on the parts I need. The rest will be done at the shop, but I'm expecting the fee to be way cheaper.

I'm still up in the air regarding our state health insurance. I can never get a hold of the lady, and when I called the state hot line they told me "all of your information is a mess, most stuff hasn't been submitted, and we will write a letter to the office" Over the holidays I haven't been able to get much headway with that, because they were closed, or from being closed the phone line was packed, and I couldn't get through.

For a Christmas gift my sister paid for my cat to get neutered, which we had done this past monday and I'm very thankful for. He is 8months old and I wanted to have him neutered sooner, but was unable to. Funny though, at 8 months Kratos weighs 11lbs. Hes not morbidly obese, he is a maine coon, and has lots of personality and charisma, lol. I'll post pictures of him a day.

My rescue kitty is doing about 50% better, and has gone from 2.75 lbs to 4lbs in 2 weeks. He is still batteling his URI, but doing a lot better. The little guy is 7 months old and starving and shivering and very sick when i brought him home. Not the smartest thing to do in my current situation, but I couldnt just let him die. The vet says another week or two and he can be taken out of quarantine, and introduced to Kratos.

If I could just get our health care stuff taken care of I would feel so much better, and could get us back on track for a normal life.

Well I don't think I have much else to say, just want to thank all of you again for your prayers, they seem to be working, and things seem to be slowly turning around.

Sounds like things are starting to turn around for you. Good luck to you in 2009.

Congratulations on your new job! Hope that your hubby finds a year round job too.

It sounds like things are clearing up for y'all one at a time. So just hang in there and keep working on the health care issue, it may be the next thing to be resolved.

Wishing you the best in this new year! Yeah 2009!

Oh My daddy's Jag I'm so happy for you. Congrat's on the new job, the check and getting your kitty fixed and your on your way of getting the car fixed. Now hubby to get a full time job and you guy's will be a little bit better set..... I'm really glad things are looking up for you guy's.... Take care and good luck on your first day on the job, TJ

Latest posts

Back