They're HERE!!! They are finally HERE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hello,

I am so ecstaticly happy to announce that as of last night, our new farm Herdsire and our new mare are both FINALLY HERE! WOOHOOO!!!! :risa8: :new_multi: :488: :aktion033: :cheeky-smiley-006:

Bridget (GMR Barefoot Bridget), is an absolutely beautiful DINKY little Palomino Pinto mare, standing 27.5", and is 2 1/2 years old. She seems so delicately dainty and just oh so elegant in demeanor. Oh my gosh, she just melts me! She is every bit as LOVEABLE as I was told, and already she has my heart wrapped around her teensy little hooves, LOL! I took pics of her last night and today, and I introduced her to Chuckie and one of my other "B" mares. Desi, (who stand at 35" and I always thought she was "oh so delicate"), totally towers over Bridget as if she could be her weanling little foal, LOL. I'm completely amazed at how tiny Bridget is, and I look at her in almost disbelief that she is 2 1/2 years old, LOL. She is a little on the "lean" side though, so that may play some affect I'm sure. I'll be feeding her up over the next couple months, and I hope that helps her fill out a little more too. I'm going to let her just "hang out" with her two new friends (Desi & Chuckie) for a couple more days, and then I'll see about working her into a training schedule to teach her some tricks and stuff. Then after she gets a little more weight on her, I'll start her under harness. Although, she's so tiny, I'm not sure if I'll ask her to drive anything beyond my little race bike, LOL. That's my lightest cart, and shoud fit her ok. But, that's down the road a bit for her to contend with for now, LOL.

BridgetIsHome9-4-07.jpg

Bridget-N-Friends9-5-07.jpg

Rolex (Bethel Rolex Gold Champagne of Ms), is THE MOST HANDSOME Gold Champagne Pinto stallion, standing 31", and is 3 years old. It's weird though, because to me he looks smaller, LOL. As my gelding, Chuckie, is also 31", but Rolex seems much more "compact" that Chuckie. He's still every bit as full of himself though, LOL. Lee was so excited when Mr. Worley took him off his trailer. Lee took one look at Rolex and then turned to me and said straight up... "Now THAT's a MAN's HORSE!" LOL! Then he went over and patted him on the neck and gave him a quick "once over" and just SMILED. He was instantly hubby's little buddy, and already knows he is KING RULER of our farm, LOL.

RolexIsHOME9-4-07.jpg

Both of these amazing little babies are such a wonderful addition to our home and family, and we are just completely elated with joyful happiness to finally have them HOME with us!!!

Thank you again so much, to Jeannie Smiley
default_cheekkiss.gif
: (Bethel Miniatures in KY), & Kay Uhrin
default_cheekkiss.gif
: (Auledas Acres in IL) for two of the most wonderful little blessings we could ever hope for!

Thank you also, to Bill & Mari Worley of Worley's Hauling for taking such good care of Rolex & Bridget and making sure they were kept all comfy and cozy throughout their long trip.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

:saludando: Thanks so much for letting me share our two little bits of sunshine. :))
default_wub.png
:

EDITED: Oops...forgot to post the PICS!
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
awwwwwww Tanya........pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya,

I am so happy for you! They are both beautiful!

Susan O.

Hi Tanya and Lee,

I am so HAPPY :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: that you are HAPPY :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:with Rolex. Here's hoping for you many mini champagne babies. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Take care and God Bless!

Jeannie at Bethel Minis, Tack, and Gift Shop in Ky.

Thanks so much Marty
default_wub.png
: , Susan
default_wub.png
: , Nancy
default_wub.png
: , Kim
default_wub.png
: , PaintNMinis
default_wub.png
: , Jill
default_wub.png
: & Jeannie
default_wub.png
: .

Nancy, I'm trying...it's just been a heart tugging last couple weeks. Time & Lord will heal, I know...just need to keep working through it.
default_wub.png
:

Jeannie, {{{WARMESTHUGS!!!}}}
default_cheekkiss.gif
: You've given us such happiness!
default_wub.png
:

Rolex is all settled in, and boy can he strut his stuff, LOL! He puts on such a show talking to the girls in the next paddock over, LOL. I have a 10ft spacing between their pastures so there's no squealing matches through the fence, LOL. But, sure talks up in the air to them, LOL. Rose is acting all amorous now, so we're thinking we might "try" for them to have a "dating session" over this weekend, LOL. We'll see how things go, I guess.

Yesterday, I gave Bridget a bath. She was smudgy with "poopies", so I gave her a good scrubbing in hopes to help her feel a little better in the summer breezes. While I was waiting for her to dry, I sat with her for a little while at the crossties. My heart kept swaying with emotions over the loss of two precious friends these past few weeks. Pat Cavanaugh and now Dorothy Broadhead (heaven have mercy, God be with their families). Bridget was so sweet with me. She seemed to meet my every whimper with her soft muzzle wiping my tears, and then would just let her head rest in my lap to be petted and emitting her loving affections. This sweet little mare has proven such a blessing in such a short time. I cannot wait to share that of her, with whoever and however God will grant me the privilege. :538:

Then, later yesterday my neighbor's daughter, Sasha, came over and we took a couple pics of her. This one was my favorite.

Bridget9-6-07.jpg

Sasha loves her already too, LOL. It was weird, just when I snapped the picture, for some reason Bridget decided at that precise moment to cross her legs and lean over into Sasha. Sasha said she just melted, and leaned right back over her to give her a sweet little hug.
default_wub.png
: I wanted a picture of that too, but my camera wouldn't click fast enough to get it.
default_wacko.png
:

I'm sure there will be many more opportunities for that though, LOL.
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

Tomorrow morning, we'll be giving Rolex a bath. I wanted to give him a bath yesterday after Bridget's. But hubby wanted to help, so we'll give him a good scrubbing in the morning tomorrow. He's pretty clean already, but hubby wants him all freshened up for his first "date", LOL. Men.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

:saludando: Well, thanks for letting me share.
default_wub.png
:

aaawwwww
default_wub.png
:

i tried to think of something else to say but all that keep running through my mind is:

AAAAWWWWWWW
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

what a great pair :aktion033:

Thanks so much Susan.
default_wub.png
: They are both so wonderful.
default_yes.gif
: :538:

I hope to share more pics of Rolex sometime over the weekend, after hubby is home to help.
default_wink.png
:

Tanya, I'm very happy for you with you new additions. They are really nice and Bill did a great job of delivering I see. Hats off to Bill and Mari for the bestest transporters. Have fun with the new kids, Tanya.

Joyce L

Congrats, Tanya! They both look wonderful and I'm glad God has blessed you with those additions. Hey, for VBS next year our church is thinking of doing a circus theme and of course they want me to bring my ponies. Know anyone who does those fancy, circus horse things? LOL

:saludando: Hi Joyce, Jayne & Lori, thanks so much!
default_wub.png
:

Joyce, Yes, Bill did a wonderful job! He and Mari kept us well informed throughout their trip, and they arrived all safe and comfy. Both even went from their trailer and hopped right into ours (for the last leg home) with no objections at all, they both just hopped right, as if thinking "Ok, the last trailer ride was so much fun, let's do this again", LOL!
default_wub.png
:

Awe, Jayne
default_wub.png
: I'll PM you, ok?
default_wink.png
:

Thank you Lori, she has stolen my heart already, LOL.
default_wub.png
:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :saludando:

Congratulations!! You sound so happy, and the horses LOOk so happy
default_smile.png
Enjoy each other
default_wub.png
:

THey are beautiful. You are one lucky owner........and how tiny is Bridget.......Congrats on your new babies. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Thanks so much Karen & Susan.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back