There should really be a warning!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HavingFun

Reaction score
I started with 1 mini, she was to live with my goats and be an "only" with the goats for company. Sounds cheap and easy right? I'm sure you all know where this is going.
default_laugh.png

If you read my recent thread about fun things to do with minis you know my son was trying to decide between a riding horse or a mini. We were fine with either one. He was really debating because he likes to ride but was much more comfortable handling the minis.

Well we went to the show, we watched driving, we got a ride in a cart, and it's all over. Now all 3 of my older kids want to show their minis in 4H and would like to learn to drive eventually. They are ALL so excited.

I didn't intend to just go buy my son a mini immediately but then I saw an ad for an 8 year old gelding. He was used as as therapy horse, has been in elevators, malls, loves attention and is used to kids. We bought him on Monday and are picking him up this weekend.
default_aktion033.gif

Now all I need is a lot of driving lessons, a horse trailer, 3 carts, and 3 harnesses. So much for my 1.
default_laugh.png

I will post pics as soon as we get the new guy home!

Congrats on the new guy! Can't wait for pics.

We have one mini we are getting ready to bring home in the coming weeks and my husband is building the barn/shelter for him now. He is making 2 big stalls inside
laugh.gif
We know there will be another
aktion033.gif

Just be careful, there maybe even more after number 2!
default_yes.gif
I am actually keeping my eyes open for one more for my other son. My mare is a bit much for him to be leading around in public. Someday she will be ready but she needs a lot of work first. That would make 4, we have room for 5 or 6.
default_whistling.gif

Yay! Cant wait to see pics! My non horsey husband mentioned putting up more fencing yesterday and asked how my barn planning is coming along.....i think he has caught the disease! I can only imagine how much worse it will be after Darla foals!

I know! What is it about minis that can take over a non horsey husband? We used to have big horses, my husband couldn't stand them. Now he's my biggest enabler!

He's the one who told me I better look for a trailer! He's also the one who pointed out that we had enough room for 6.

My husband fought me tooth and nail about getting minis (any other horses for that matter)!. I thought we were going to end up getting a divorce over it, lol. Finally he gave in... Looked and looked on the internet, finally found "Breeze"...what a doll she is. Drives, jumps, has shown.. She seemed to be so lonely coming from a big family I just had to buy her a companion... so we bought Racheal (pregnant) two weeks later. March brought my special baby "Destiny". What did I ever do without them???? And... we have replaced fences, added dry lots, added corrals, added mini hay barn, added mini shelter, added camera to keep an eye on them, and bought new mini trailer... and guess who's idea all that was? Yep, his! I also got a driving cart and harness for Valentines Day. Those little minis just creep right into your heart!

My first mini was a pet when I couldn't have any large horses, he was just for fun. Of course he needed a friend...

On agistment I kept three (the most I was allowed in the paddock)

We moved to a property and I started showing... two years on I still have the three geldings... and two stallions, one foal and eight mares. Five of whom are expecting foals
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl I've given up riding to focus on these little guys! Talk about addictive!

Glad you got it sorted and
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
another mini..baby mini's next
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Nobody warned you about that potato chip thing did they.

You can't have just one!
default_biggrin.png

Of all the things people get addicted to, this miniature horse thing has got to rank right at the top!
default_wub.png

My hubby doesn't know that I am talking to a couple with health issues about taking their mini and mini donk. I do have an empty run in.........

Latest posts

Back