The whole stallion paperwork thing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promise

Reaction score
All of you are so helpful! Okay, building on a previous post from another member….

I have a colt that will be 2 in February, he is AMHA/AMHR, and parents are DNA’d, I still have to order the kit and have him DNA’d, he is breeding material, and he is small and correct, NONE of this he is "he's 33.999999 inches tall, and his teeth are only off by half an inch!" stuff.

Please correct me, I am asking this all as a question to see if I have this correct..

If I were to breed a stallion that is AMHA/AMHR with an AMHR(permanent) mare he must have permanent papers, which means by AMHR standards he must be 3(and papers must be sent in to update to permanent) to have the foal reg. AMHR, no DNA records nessecary. (I understand foal needs stallion cert. and stallion report must be sent in, and what is needed from the mare?)

In order to have an AMHA registered foal, he must be bred with an AMHA(permanent or how old does she need to be) and she must be DNA'd, he must be DNA’d, and he has to be how old? I herd of a junior stallion, is that just for showing or is that for the whole breeding thing also? If so, How does that work? When sending in the AMHA paperwork for the foal, what must you have as far as papers go?

You are all so great! I know we all hate to sound silly, but if you don’t ask, how are you suppose to learn? Everyone needs to start somewhere, I feel that the people that are afraid to ask are the ones that are selling the foals that foals that can not have their applications processed, or they don't realize the whole thing with transferring the horse to a permanent status.

Thank You,

Promise

PLEASE DON'T BE SHY, I NEED YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is all for breeding purposes right?

Make sure and wait until he is 2 (as of Jan. 1st.) before your breed him to any mare. Make sure that all paperwork is correct (under your name), and send in a stallion report with all the mares that you bred him too listed. You do not need a stallion certificate unless you bought yourself a bred mare or you sold a bred mare bred to your stud. You can't register the foals until the stallion is brought pernament until his actual birthday.

On mares you must wait until they are 2. Make sure that all paperwork is correct and you have each mare listed under the stallion report. You can't register the foals until the mare is brought pernament until her actual birthday.

Now this is all mostly AMHR I am talking about. AMHA someone has to help you with that.

AMHA does not have an age requirement. The stallion and mare must be DNA'd (anything born after 1995) to register the foal.

If you dna the foal when it is first registered, it will be parent qualified.

Latest posts

Back