The "Twighlight" Books and DVD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
I'm definitely not a fan of horror movies, or anything even remotely similar, so I don't know how objectively I can consider letting my just turned 13 year old daughter watch the Twilight DVD. She has read the first two books in the series (and hasn't had any nightmares!), and really enjoys that type of "fantasy" book. She has been invited to a friend's house to see the movie. I know it's geared to teens and young adults, but how appropriate is the movie for a girl of her age? Have any of you seen it yet? Is there a great deal of violence, blood, gore and guts?

She will be just fine! In fact, I am sure she will LOVE it! There is no gore or guts at all really.. Bella gets hurt at one point (cut on the hand and leg) and there is a bit of blood, but nothing that should bother her. The movie and the books are all really a love story between two teenagers.. She should love it just like so many teenage girls and myself do!

She'll be fine. My daughter is 11 years old. She's read the series three times. Larry took her to the movie at the theaters and he said it was very tame and for me not to worry. I bought the DVD for her over the weekend and she's watched it four times (I think).....This last time was with her 13 year old cousin.

Apparently, the Harry Potter movies are actually "darker" than Twilight is........
default_unsure.png

I'm definitely not a fan of horror movies, or anything even remotely similar, so I don't know how objectively I can consider letting my just turned 13 year old daughter watch the Twilight DVD. She has read the first two books in the series (and hasn't had any nightmares!), and really enjoys that type of "fantasy" book. She has been invited to a friend's house to see the movie. I know it's geared to teens and young adults, but how appropriate is the movie for a girl of her age? Have any of you seen it yet? Is there a great deal of violence, blood, gore and guts?
I'm 11 and alot of my friends have seen it.

I am going to get the book soon,and after I read the book I will probaly watch the movie.

From what i've heard there isn't much gore in it.

Twilight--a horror? No way!! It is a light romance adventure that appeals to preteens all the way to grandmas. I was gifted with the first book and was so hooked that I bought the next three all at the same time. I am so glad I didn't read it when it first came out because I would have lost my mind inbetween books. The last books was my least favorite and the only one I would keep away from the younglings. The day the dvd came out there were clusters of women all over the displays...and oddly enough I was right in the middle of the age group...I am 32. I love love LOVE Twilight! At 13 your daughter will see worse in the school hallways or on TV commercials than anything in the movie. There is one scene with a tiny bit of blood near the end and that is about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a caution, there is some concern about the 'message' being pushed in these books. Something about the main male character being an obsessive stalker and the main female character thinking that's romantic. I know most young women are smarter than to idolize that, but...

I've scanned through the first book and between that and all the hype around it wasn't impressed, but from all I've heard it's very, very fluffy as far as vampires go.

im 11 and have seen the movie nothing to worry about it a real fun movie

bri

My thanks to all of you for your input!! I appreciate it very much, and Alexis will, too, as now I'll allow her to go and watch the movie.

I read the first five or six chapters of the first book, and thought it was the most boring book I've ever picked up. LOL! She read the entire thing within a 24 hour period and loved it! We (read that "I") are waiting for the third one to come out in paperback (much cheaper than the hardcover).

Thanks again!
default_saludando.gif

Judy,

Well..........Brianna just talked me into seeing the movie..........and we just did. (I should have put duck tape over her mouth.)

It is actually more of a "thriller" love story. Very little actual violence at all. It's cute......

Ahhh one of Ravens 3 obsessions first is horses- next is the older movie the outsiders(and the book she has read like 50 times) and then Twilight she read the books about 20 times each and has already seen the movie close to that amount.

She loved it and I think compared to other things they can and do watch on regular TV it is not a problem at all
default_smile.png

I think you should watch this viedo. The young lady who made it, made it for her little sister (13 i think).

I read the books and saw the movie myself, nothing scary about either of them.

default_wub.png
Loved Twighlight .. So Much
default_laugh.png

I watched Twilight twice in the theaters and enjoyed it. It is more of a love story, not much violence or blood. I also own and read all the books. I have to wait to buy the movie on DVD as it was sold out at our local Wal-mart when we went on Sunday to get formula for my baby boy, Noah. Hopefully they get some more copies in.

I LOVE Twilight, not even going to get started on it as my rambling would last forever!!

But neither the books or the movie is anything for a parent to be worrying about, in my opinion!

I haven't read the books yet but I just rented/watched the movie last night and really enjoyed it. It was quite good and am going to borrow the books from a neighbors kids to read.

If i had kids i wouldn't worry about it! it was a good movie!

I loved it. Finally got to watch the movie a couple days ago as hubby wouldn't take me to the theater to watch it.
default_laugh.png
I read all 4 books in 4 days.
default_rolleyes.gif

I thought the movie was less vague in explaining things about the vampires/werewolves than the book. But it was good. Definately can't wait to see what they come out with next.

Scared me to death and now I am afraid that my daughter wants to marry a vampire!
8_1_220.gif
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

I wouldn't worry about it either. We enjoyed it and it was a far cry from most of the violent films that we have seen.

My daughter has read the series at least 2x now and seen the movie at the threater and we have it at home to watch. She loves it. I'm reading the book now and my husband likes Alice.

Latest posts

Back