The story of Judith in pictures!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally

Reaction score
IMG_0525-1.jpg

this is how we discovered the mare, on her last gasp the original "rescuer" having gone to work!!!!!

Managed to get her rolled into a rug and with the help of local farmers get her back on her feet

IMG_0530.jpg

They brought rope and made a makeshift sling for her to get her circulation going again.

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

Got the sling secure.

IMG_0567.jpg

By which time she was exhausted

IMG_0581.jpg

And by the time we'd finished so was I!

IMG_0619.jpg

Got her back to mine with vet's permission and after 4 days of food and TLC she looked like this, which does not really show just how thin she was.

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That poor little girl! When were the pictures taken? Did she survive? How does she look now?

She did live, the original owner has just been found guilty in court for cruelty.

But I had to give her back to the person who "rescued" her in case it jeopardised the court case.

She looks well enough ATM. But I wouldn't have put her to the stallion this year I have to say!

You can read the full story here.

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/news_08_200...c%20neglect.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the link you sent on the other post and that is so nice to see justice served but she was bred this year? That poor little girl. She is so pretty. I hope she does OK. Thanks for sharing.

yes, the "resucuer" saw fit to put her back in foal after such a dreadful episode.

I'm sorry but the "resucuer" is anything BUT a resucuer.

That poor mare went from the frying pan into the fire.

How the HECK would ANYONE breed that mare in that kind of shape?

Tell me about it!

It seems the only person who thinks they are a fit owner is the SSPCA man!

She has cows who stand up to their eyeballs all day in about 3 inches of liquid manure!, Into this they have to drop their calves. Sheep, pigs and various other animals wander about in the same 3-4 inches of liquid muck.

If it's got a uteris she will put it in pup, calf, pig, kit or lamb! He poor dogs have litters every season.

I feel I should have dug my heels in, but the original abuser would have maybe got away with it AGAIN, he needed nailing.

Mind you it has been said locally that the "rescuer" is going to have to run a tight ship and keep a very clean nose from now onwards as everyone will be watching and making sure every animal is accounted for.

default_sad.png
Wally my heart bleeds for poor Judith, I realize it may jeapordise the case were she to stay with you but why on earth didn't the SSPCA tell her not to breed this poor girl. After the sentencing is there a chance she can come back to you? After all she has gone through she does not need to be pregnant.

Yvonne

Getting on a plane now....let's go git the rescuer if we can't get at the abuser!!

Rolling my sleeves up and all- you mat need to lend me a bucket to stand on.

Seriously, what can we do??

Do you have t wait until she is in that condition again before you can take her away??

Argh!!!!!

There are some in a breed Soc. that will remain nameless, that are less than happy with my giving photos to the local press!....who gave them to the national press, who gave them to uncle Tom Cobbley and all!

(who'd have thought it) Apparently they did not want this to "get out" as it would look "bad for the Society"................. What looks bad is their trying to cover it up!

Anyway I was in the shop yesterday where the local paper had a half page photo on the front and a whole page with pics devoted to the case! I got the 3rd degree from everyone in the shop, and I feel better that it seems right minded folk are 100% behind what we did and that folk MUST see wha they did and make sure he is never allowed near another pony again. Folk Must not sell him animals.

Latest posts

Back