The Mystery Of The Missing Cat.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpony

Reaction score
"Where is Amber, have you seen her?" My husband asks in a concerned voice. "I haven't seen her around for a while."

"Well," I reply, "about a half hour ago she tried to attack Nigel through the blanket and i yelled at her, so I am sure she is around."

He looks worried, and begins to search the house. The under 1000 square foot single wide mobile home that we call home has plenty of nooks and crannies for a cat to hide in, to be honest, but it is small and it is hard for anyone to stay out of sight for long.

As he is crawling through the living room shining a flash light under furniture I say, "Open the cupboard in the kitchen and say 'here kitty kitty' two or three times. If she is in the house she will come running."

She has to be in the house, none of our cats go out ever. We had no situations where doors were left open. I assumed she was lurking about plotting evil to perpetrate against Nigel as usual. But for some reason my dear husband refuses to go in the kitchen and call for the cats because he is sure she either escaped the house and is dead in ditch somewhere or she crawled into a box somewhere and died. he searches for an hour before he stops. I fall asleep on the couch and when I get up to go to bed he resumes looking. he follows me into the bedroom with his flashlight and looks under the bed and in the closets as i try to go to sleep.

With a mischievous grin i ask, "Did you try calling 'here kitty kitty' in the kitchen?"

"NO..." he says, annoyed at me, still crawling along the floor with flashlight in hand trying to look under the bed.

I decide at this point that i don't care. If he wants to be obstinate and not do the easiest thing possible to make sure she is fine then he can crawl around with a flashlight all night for all i care.

Morning comes, I arise ridiculously early thanks to my time change induced insomnia and look for the sneaky little begger myself to no avail. However, I do NOT want to call for her until he gets out of bed so I can say, "Look what I found in 20 seconds by doing what i suggested to you for hours last night!"

Sometime around 10:30 am he gets out of bed and I ask, "So did you ever find Amber last night?"

Sleepily he replies, "No, I looked for her everywhere. I think she got outside somehow."

So, into the kitchen I go. I open the cupboard noisily and say in my high pitched animal calling voice "HERE KITTYKITTYKITTY!!!"

Guess who was at my feet within 15 seconds?

yeah.

So loudly I say, "Well, HELLO Amber! Where have you been hiding all night? HEY! Guess who I found?"

Dear Husband wanders into the kitchen still looking groggy from sleep, "What the he**? Where was she? I looked everywhere in this house for her!"

"I dunno," i reply, acting overtly smug, "I just said here kitty kitty and out she came running. She looks fine to me."

He gave me a dirty look and took his cat out of my hands while I laugh. I'm still laughing.

amberb.JPG

That's funny. Those men can be soooo obstinate sometimes. Us women never are. ;)

Glad Amber was just curled up sleeping somewhere!

Liz M.

LOL That is a great story! You did a great job of telling it too. :aktion033:

Oh I love when this happens and it happens alot around here. Obstinate men lol. The same is true when he thinks one of the horses is off for some reason, most of the time when Scoopie or I appear in the barn all is well. They just know when its Dads turn to be in the barn that they can get sympathy if they act even a little bit off and one of us will be there within a short time. By then though all is well with the world. LOL you told this so well and I enjoyed the laugh.

:new_rofl: Oh that was funny!!! I enjoyed this short story!! At lest Amber is smart enough to keep out of trouble tho. My hubby's Larry has been accidently locked in his clothes closet and when we don't see him snooping around we know exactly now where to look. Sometimes he's balled up inside hubby's boots snoozing. CATS!!!
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back