The Little Things That Make You Feel Content

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jill you already hit more then a few of mine-

The hay chewing one was one of mine Aceyhorse-

Nothing is better then having all my barn chores done, and knowing I have nothing else to do for the night.

Snuggling with my honey after a long day- he makes everything better- (His cooking doesn't hurt either!)

A quiet ride bareback with *my horse* out somewhere getting lost. She's my best therapy!

-I like talking on the phone with my best friend. Without being interrupted. LOL.

-Reading a great book with a cup of tea.

-Listening to a great song that really makes me happy.

-Walking in the woods, the peace of that it possesses.

-Hearing the rain hit the roof gently late at night.

-Eating a bag of 3 Musketeers and Reese's.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Sitting on the patio with a nice cold lemonade and admiring the fresh mowed lawn and all the flowers in bloom.

2. Having all the minis groomed and looking sooooo pretty...all dressed up but no place to go.

3. Watching the minis run and play in the pasture when it is nice and cool in the morning.

4. Getting a quilt all finished and ready for some child to use.

5. Reading a really good book.

6. Watching my granddaughter pretend to be everything from a princes to a horsewoman.

7. Knowing I don't need diamonds and big [or little] fancy cars to be happy.
default_rolleyes.gif

8. Crawling into bed and feeling the nice soft fresh sheets.

1. Watching my grandson play - so innocent.

2. Sitting on a lawn chair with a glass of lemonade watching the horses graze.

3. Crocheting

4. Visiting with family

5. I love to sit outside and watch the sunset which is usually when the deer come out to play also.

6. admiring the barn full of fresh hay, knowing I don't have to worry about that for another year.

A cup of coffee

Looking up at the sky on a quiet night

A sun set

An Archie comic I have not read before

Smerping my horse's nose

Hugging hubby

A cat's purr

Getting Christmas cards

Eating a cookie

Climbing into bed with a toasty elect blanket on a chilly night

BIG HAPPYS ARE

That first whinny of a new born foal

Giving a gift

Doing something for someone that makes them happy!

Loving on all my horses

Cooking good food for someone and having them love it

Just being home with my horses, my hubby, talking to my friends.

Loving and being loved

Being on LB!!!!

Hmm.. many, many of the above already posted!

Let's see..

Horse Related:

-Feeding time.. I love hearing them neigh with anticipation and then watching them relaxed and filling their bellies.

-Kisses and scratches

-Being able to look outside and see that my horses are happy and HEALTHY!

-My new love is my new house I built and having one of the larger pasture come up to the bedroom windows.. Jesse James is in favor of this because it meants late night snacks..
default_wub.png
He's so spoiled and comes to the whistle like a dog.. He is my QH and is still a giant puppy.

Non-Horse Related:

-Grooming, I love my career.. especially the transformations.. and dealing with the difficult ones that have become my request for whatever reason (dog's disposition, type of cut, etc.)

-A tank full of gas.. and a day off.. I love driving.

-A bottle of good vodka after a long day of working.

-A clean house

-Texting non stop at all hours with my partner when we are not together.

-GETTING TATTOOED!!

The sound of a good friend's voice.

The smell of rain after a long, dry spell in Summer.

The smell of the river (mostly any river, but obviously not stagnant or polluted ones).

Fresh hay, and being in the barn when it's all clean, the horses are in there and munching, snorting as they settle in, possibly a little rain pittering on the metal roof.

Lying in bed with my little ones right before they go to sleep, reading them a story or just talking about things or even having staring contests.

A fresh cup of coffee (Thundermuck!) and something to occupy my mind and hands while I sip it: surfing around, visiting with friends, etc.

Sitting in a porch swing and enjoying a warm night or evening...but my porch swing's gone, now.
default_sad.png

Walking on the beach or along the river.

Sitting in a boat, surrounded by water and just absorbing the sounds and aura of the watery world! (Naps in boats are superfine)

There are many more, and lucky we are that there are.

Liz

Latest posts

Back